Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Back to Work Enterprise & Part time work

• 02-04-2013 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

Hi,

Just a quick question.

My good friend went into the social welfare office today to ask this and was told he will get a a call back in a few days as they don;t know. :eek:

Basically he is in the process of starting up a web design company through the Back to Work Enterprise allowance.

He wants to know, when its sorted and set up with Revenue, can he still look for part time work? He thinks business will be slow at the start and that he might as well keep looking for work for a day or 2 a week. But if he is not allowed he wants to find out so not get into trouble with Social Welfare.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thank you. :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

As he will be self employed he can hire himself out to whom ever he wishes.The only complication will be his end of year tax accounts.ie paye and self employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

Hi Thanks for that. He was talking about a PAYE job - Like working in a petrol station 1/2 days a week. He couldn't contract himself out to that I dont think?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

I was told by the social welfare office that you cannot engage in PAYE work if you are claiming BTWEA. However, I wouldn't take that as definite, sometimes ya get different info from different staff members!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭quikquest

Ye its crazy the say different things. He was asking me and I didn't kow so thought I would ask here. We both couldn't believe that even the social welfare office didn't know! If they don't know who would :O

• Registered Users Posts: 49 need-it

I was told I can work up to 15 hours a week part-time

• Advertisement
Advertisement