Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gmail messages

Options
  • 02-04-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭

I have a gmail account and over the last couple of days all the emails to and from one person have vanished (I think they were all in one batch).

I have checked all the suggestions on gmail help about forwarding and filters and pop and I can't see any problems. They are not in trash or spam.

Someone else does have access to the account, but is there anything I could have done to lose the whole lot?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭555guy

did you try looking in All Mail ? you may have archived them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,545 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Thanks for replying, yes I tried that

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Have you used the search box at the top of the Gmail page? I had emails once that I thought were gone and it found them.

yes, it says the address is still there but there are no emails connected to it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Is it possible you have a setting set to hide read mail?

• Advertisement

I looked at the settings and could not see anything strange, and all other read mail is still there.

Advertisement