Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

APCOA & Greystones ...

Options
  • 02-04-2013 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭

Rather than another complaint about traffic wardens, happy to note positive interactions.

We were walking the dog through Greystones today, when a very friendly traffic warden asked us if we wanted a spare doggy bag, just in case. She then pulled two spare bags from a little roll on her belt and we had a nice chat about the weather and Easter break.

They do a tough job that annoys most people - but still keeps parking issues to a minimum. Anyway, nice to have a friendly face and a kind gesture (which is also a nice reminder to dog owners).

Well done.

{She also told me that all the traffic wardens have spare doggy bags in case you find yourself short}

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have to say knowing what type of reception they might expect from most I normally go out of my way to be friendly and say hello.
    Surprised the hell out of one of the guys there outside of Hills garage a few months ago - but they are only doing a job and cannot be blamed for the rules they have to enforce.

In fact thinking back to the old days of cars double parked I personally am glad they are there - even if it means I now take sometimes quite a bit longer to find somewhere to dump the car for a few minutes...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 hoags

Slightly off-thread; but I was out walking my baby one day when a dog-walker asked me if I had a spare nappy bag to clean up dog litter. Unfortunately I didn't but did appreciate the thought as one of the banes of my life is cleaning dog foul off the pram.

Advertisement