Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SPAM

Options
  • 02-04-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭

Hi there, Over the weekend I (stupidly) downloaded a program to let me view GPX files. Once I realised it was dodgy I completely deleted it from my PC. Now I'm being bombarded with SPAM. All this crap comes from different e-mail addresses - so it's no just a case of blocking one e-mail address. My e-mail account is with eircom webmail. Heeeelllllpppp someone please!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭whizbang

My e-mail account is with eircom webmail
    you answered your own question there.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

report it as spam....... once eircom's webmail server reaches a quota of reported mails as spam it starts to block them

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭firlodge

On Monday last (April 1st) I started receiving huge amounts of Spam for the first time through my eircom email address also :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭Jocelynel

SNAP....i got 80 spam emails via eircom in 4 hours on Monday. I was getting one on average every 10 minutes. It's died off today, say I've only got about 30 today...they were all 'health and beauty' type spams! just don't click on the link and they realise it's an in active account?!

i was having problems with eircom last year (emails from hotmail accounts wouldn't deliver) i opened up a gmail account...best decision ever! NO SPAM messages in 10 months :)

Advertisement