Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

out of hours dentist

Options
  • 02-04-2013 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭

does such a thing exist?!

I'm located in letterkenny, looking for a dentist that can do before 9am, after 5pm or (heaven forbid) saturdays...

If I don't get my wisdom tooth seen to soon I'm gonna rip it out of my head myself!!

:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,101 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Its difficult enough to get an appointment in normal practice hours so the chances of getting a dentist "out of hours" is like looking for the pot o' gold at the end of the rainbow.

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

I've found the pot o' gold. There is an emergency Dental clinic located above the shop 'Tokyo' on the main street in Letterkenny, which is only open on weekends as far as I know. I used it myself on a Saturday, last September. I called them in the morning and they seen me that afternoon.

http://www.yelp.ie/biz/hundental-technical-ltd-letterkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭lila44

I did notice that place, but wasn't too sure....:rolleyes:

how did you find them? professional?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

lila44 wrote: »
    I did notice that place, but wasn't too sure....:rolleyes:

how did you find them? professional?

I've heard a few negative reports and one good report but that's all I'm going to say on it ;).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

no pain no gain huh?

Should be a Rate My Dentist site.

Hate it when you can hear the sound of the drill in the waiting room:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,852 ✭✭✭homer simpson

ootbitb wrote: »
    no pain no gain huh?

Should be a Rate My Dentist site.

Hate it when you can hear the sound of the drill in the waiting room:eek:

Hence I ain't been to a dentist since my mother forced me to go, yes that long ago :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭sweet girl

As far as I know Station House Dental Clinic do early morning appointments on Fridays, I think they open at 8 am.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

Never forget as a seven to nine year old kid getting teeth drilled out several times without anesthetic.
    Not sure if that was standard practice then or the dentist was just a mean sadist but the pain whenever a nerve was touched was the worst I ever experienced.
    Quit going then between the ages of 12 to 24 and then realized with the jag it's much better than toothache. Can remember one well entrenched tooth took 45 minutes to pull but still no great pain.

Even though it's mass medication I am staunchly in favour of fluoride in mains water as cavities are far less common now.

Advertisement