Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

''Friends with Benifits'' Can it work ?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Mariasofia

I want a friend with benefits .....sounds like great craic;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Boscoirl

Best first post ever :)

Thanks and to think i was so nervous ;-) what else haven't i done hmm?

Thanks and to think i was so nervous ;-) what else haven't i done hmm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Mariasofia wrote: »
    I want a friend with benefits .....sounds like great craic;-)
    Just sit tight and await the PMs. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

That's what HE said! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Just deleted a load of flirty crap.

Take it to pm or anywhere other than here please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭seenitall

Fair enough. But how on earth do you get into a situation like that with someone or even bring it up if theres no romantic feelings involved..You said you shared a taxi home and it happened, how do you even bring it up?
    I'm pretty close to a few male friends of mine but I'd never talk about my sex life with them..

not judging anyone or anything, i'm genuinely interested in knowing how it could happen between two people who have absolutely no feelings for each other, unless there was some kind of flirting or something going on..

For me, there were feelings, just not that all-encompassing kind of the "OMG I can't live without you, you have to be my boyfriend" sort. This was someone I knew very, very well and whom I trusted implicitly, but also someone who I knew to be a bit of a bastard and a player when it came to romance, so I knew that I'd be getting the very best of him by keeping the friendship to the fore and the durtyness as a delish bonus; and so it was.

Of course there is flirting when you're getting sexual with someone? :confused: Flirting doesn't imply "feelings" though, does it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 548 ✭✭✭Three Seasons

seenitall wrote: »
    For me, there were feelings, just not that all-encompassing kind of the "OMG I can't live without you, you have to be my boyfriend" sort. This was someone I knew very, very well and whom I trusted implicitly, but also someone who I knew to be a bit of a bastard and a player when it came to romance, so I knew that I'd be getting the very best of him by keeping the friendship to the fore and the durtyness as a delish bonus; and so it was.

Of course there is flirting when you're getting sexual with someone? :confused: Flirting doesn't imply "feelings" though, does it?

So you found him sexy and attractive but he wasn't boyfriend material, I don't see how that is confusing people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

I think the only way it could work more ling term is if you didn't like the person but found them physically attractive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

andym1 wrote: »
    In the early 90s ( I am 50), I shared a flat with another guy I worked with and 2 women. Over time I started to sleep with one of the women and we would get it on occasionly, normally one of us would come home pissed and go to bed and have a good shag but she fell in love with me and It happened again 3 years later in a different gaff when I fell in love with her (different woman)

I think either you or her (him) will crack and want more than just casual sex and want a relationship with the other so I think It normally ends in tears so Friends with benifits is usually short lived. Ever been there ?

can't you just have a w*nk instead?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

/drools ..

Anywho .. as the self confessed casual FWB addict that i am, I can officially say it's only ever happened once where the girl got to me ... these days it's all above board, aloof if you will ... altho i could do with a secretary to keep my diary in order ..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Pug160

It might work for some but in most cases that sort of lifestyle is unrealistic. I have a friend who's a pretty successful 'player', and he finds it extremely difficult to hold on to any of the girls he ever pulls. They figure out that's all he's after and 99% of the time they're gone. Even the ones who are up for it are usually just in transitional periods of their lives and once an opportunity comes along for a proper relationship - they're off.

Women who are up for casual sex long term are usually the ones who cheat on their boyfriend or husband, either because they're greedy or because they have unfulfilled/nonexistent sex lives with them.

Advertisement