Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cant improve package

Options
  • 02-04-2013 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

for the last three months i have been on the phone to eircom trying to improve my mums acc..i have been told the that the acc is confidental and the credit controll dept have locked the acc...i rang the control dept and on the rare occasion i got through they told me the acc has never been in arrears and they dont know why its marked confidental ..ive been promised something would be done about it but over the months nothing has..on top of this ive found out that she is being charged for broadband which has never been aware off..her monthly bill is working out at around 90 a month..which is crazy can someone please help me

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

moonfish wrote: »
    for the last three months i have been on the phone to eircom trying to improve my mums acc..i have been told the that the acc is confidental and the credit controll dept have locked the acc...i rang the control dept and on the rare occasion i got through they told me the acc has never been in arrears and they dont know why its marked confidental ..ive been promised something would be done about it but over the months nothing has..on top of this ive found out that she is being charged for broadband which has never been aware off..her monthly bill is working out at around 90 a month..which is crazy can someone please help me
    Send in a formal complaint in writing, by post. Inform them that you will only deal with them in writing. You can log a complaint online here if you choose. To do so either way you must have the account number printed on the bill.

http://www.eircom.ie/logacomplaint

Complaints handlers have more discretion than phone agents. If she was sold broadband she neither wanted nor used then claim a full rebate for the entire broadband package as long back as you can...years if necessary.

Once they reply , probably by email, make sure you cc consumerline@comreg.ie every time you reply to an email.

If they fail to fully resolve all the outstanding issues and rebates in 10 working days ( ie tomorrow fortnight) then complain to Comreg on consumerline@comreg.ie , they will already have a record of your other emails.

eircom cannot hold your mother to any 'contract' unles they have a written contract or a full recording of a verbal contract, they can email you a copy of this recording on which they rely to prove the service was asked for.

Advertisement