Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Changing Front brake pads

• 02-04-2013 8:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Anyone any clue how to change brake pads on a honda nxh110wh? front pads in a bad way.. think the hardest part for me will be putting in the new discs.. so any advice and im a bit of an idiot so simple english please!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

denni26492 wrote: »
    Anyone any clue how to change brake pads on a honda nxh110wh? front pads in a bad way.. think the hardest part for me will be putting in the new discs.. so any advice and im a bit of an idiot so simple english please!

These are brakes you are talking about so you would want to be careful about working on them if you haven't done so before.
    Remove the front axle.
    Its usually a 14mm and 17mm but I am not sure what scooters use.
    Once you take the axle out the whole wheel and spacers will drop out.
    Including the speedo drive #7 in the diagram.
    Carefully put all the spacers back onto the axle in the correct order so you don't lose them.
    The disc is held on with 3 8mm bolts.
    Undo these and fit the new disc and use some thread locking compound Loctite 270 or 243 on the old bolt thread.

247700.jpg

The Brake caliper has two pins that are covered with the plugs #11 in the diagram below. Behind the plugs are the two hex head pins. You may want to give the plugs and pins a tap with a punch as they can be tight.
    Pry the pads apart to push the pistons back into the caliper.
    Pull the pins out and the pads will drop free, clean the caliper with brake cleaner and use some copper grease or ceramic brake paste on the back of the new pads where they touch the pistons to stop squeal.
    Refit the pads and the wheel
    You may need to pump the front brake to get the pads to come out and contact the disc.
    Check for brake operation before you go speeding off!
    You may need to bleed the brakes if the lever doesn't get hard.

247701.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Since you have no idea what you're doing pay the few quid for a mechanic to look after the job.

Or follow this lads advice on brake pads..

Its a job a few of us here can do with our eyes closed but thats not to say its for the complete novice either.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 denni26492

i know how to do it on a car just makin sure I get it all right dont wanna mess it up

Advertisement