Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy caffeine-free coke in Dublin city

Options
  • 02-04-2013 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

I've been around a fair few shops in Dublin now and haven't been able to get my hands on a bottle caffeine-free coke (only seem to have diet or Coke Zero). If anyone knows a shop which stocks it at the moment then let me know!

Thanks all.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Pretty sure Tesco Fleet street has it

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

As above, its available in most supermarkets. I buy it in Tesco every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tatankbull

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Didn't even know there was such a thing! Just out of curiosity OP, why does it need to be caffeine free?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,888 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

you might want caffiene free to drink in the evening so it wont keep you up.
    Or like myself for a period get a little sensitive to Caffiene yet like the taste of coke as a drink.

BTW, theres now Caffiene Free Coke Zero on the market in addition to the Diet Coke Caffiene free Version.
    Only saw it last week for the first time in Germany beside the crates of vanilla and cherry coke that are also widely available abroad but seemingly not in ireland for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

BTW, theres now Caffiene Free Coke Zero on the market in addition to the Diet Coke Caffiene free Version.

Is Coke Zero not just the same product as Diet Coke repackaged and remarketed to appeal to men?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Is Coke Zero not just the same product as Diet Coke repackaged and remarketed to appeal to men?

It definitely has a different taste.

CWF wrote: »
    It definitely has a different taste.

It does? I haven't really tried it - just heard a barman tell a punter they're both the same recently but he was probably just trying to sell him one of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tatankbull

Yeah, I think Coke Zero is for manly men too manly to buy diet products... I guess it could be an American marketing thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

There's definitely a taste difference. Zero tastes better than diet but neither as good as the actual thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 paulykell

one word for you guys ASPARTAME!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

Coke Zero is supposed to taste like Coke, Diet Coke is not. Personally I think the Zero tastes close but not the same. I dislike both Coke and Coke Zero but I love Diet Coke.

I rarely see Caffeine Free Diet Coke in bottles but it seems to be available in six packs of cans in most Tescos and in Superquinn.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

CWF wrote: »
    Didn't even know there was such a thing! Just out of curiosity OP, why does it need to be caffeine free?

Ever work Shift work? :pac:

Some people have a bad reaction to caffeine. This kinda gives the same effect of Diet coke, but without the Caffeine.

Dont think you can get it in a non diet form tho

paulykell wrote: »
    one word for you guys ASPARTAME!

Yes we're aware of what they put in it. Thanks for that completely useless addition to the discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

5449000010063_2.JPG @ superquinn or tesco:> Link [Two bottles for €3 till the 14th]

Advertisement