Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guilty!

• 02-04-2013 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭

When my puppy gets hold of something he knows he's not supposed to have he has a special 'guilty trot' and I don't even need to see him to know he's up to no good cause I can hear from the way he's walking.

Do your dogs have a guilty walk? Do all dogs\puppies have this?

I think its kinda cute, aside from the whole being up to no good thing...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My cat has this guilty look. Usually we hear a crash then 30 seconds later will strut into the room as if he was to say 'oh did you hear that thing? Wasn't me!' But if he's actually caught in the process of doing something he will rub all around the person who caught hims legs to try suck up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Mine gives the big Shih Tzu eyes, cute underbite and big waggy tail. Dead giveaway!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 156 ✭✭yaya*

Our lab looks sideways at you when she's up to no good. It's like she's checking to see if we're watching her so she can get away with her divilment!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

Our pap cross smiles to try and make us smile and forget that he was bold. He will also scratch at the door, whimper and bark to tell us that our Chihuahua is being bold and he is in no way involved! She (the chi) will walk slowly away under some piece of furniture she thinks she can hide under. The worst punishment they've ever known is to be put outside alone for a few minutes!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭bluecherry74

If Henry knocks something over he knows he's done wrong. He walks away sideways looking off into the distance. I swear, if he could whistle casually he would.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,791 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Abby, on the left in the photo will run upstairs to the only room i allow them in up there, there's a little 2 seater sofa that she hides beneath when she's up to devilment, usually caused by chewing something she shouldn't... the chair leg in the picture is her handiwork..

Gibbs adapts a much more classy slinky walk away with head down all the while looking between whatever he shouldn't have been doing and me. Then when he gets a certain distance (around 5 feet) it's straight away into normal walk..

You'd swear that i abuse them the whole time but the worst that happens is a scolding and out the back for 5 minutes by themselves. They're both rescues though, so that could be the reason

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Denise90

wexie wrote: »
    When my puppy gets hold of something he knows he's not supposed to have he has a special 'guilty trot' and I don't even need to see him to know he's up to no good cause I can hear from the way he's walking.

Do your dogs have a guilty walk? Do all dogs\puppies have this?

I think its kinda cute, aside from the whole being up to no good thing...

Our pup does the exact same thing when she has something she shouldn't. I'll follow her out to the garden and once she sees me she gets into pounce position like "come get it".... brat :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Meemars

When I have something tasty to eat, particularly on the couch, my 9yr old LabX (rescue) will creep up to me reeeeeaaalllly slowly, head down. I think she reckons if she moves real slow then I won't notice her. I wonder how she thinks I'm going to give her anything if I can't see her?? ;)
    Also, when she picks up something outside that she's not supposed to be eating, she usually just holds it in her mouth, creeps along and gets that really guilty look. Even if I didn't see her pick anything up, I always know just by the look!

Advertisement