Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having a Blast

• 02-04-2013 10:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

Ok...So I got a call from Dublin today that my blast city landed this morning and will be in my possession tomorrow. One quick word on Ronnie....nice to deal with but I didnt get much contact...no even to say the money had arrived haha but hopefully everything is in one piece on the pallet

Now its time to pick some brains.

I want to mame this machine as best I can. Now I remember that Andrew had a nice setup of a modded xbox and mame pc running in his cab when I played it and I would be hoping to get something similar myself. He also mentioned that theres a new type of mame on the 360?

Just want to ask around to see what I need to get. I have a Jpac still in the plastic but not much else.

So basically I need suggestions of what I should do from here on. A nice handy mame machine should be easy to get sorted on this right?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats on the new cab and fingers crossed everything is ok with it. :)

I think the specific Mame version for the 360 is called FBA? I never had it running on mine as I had the PC so I wouldn't be an expert on that. EnterNow or Touchingvirus (or any of the chaps that mod 360s) would probably know more there.

Other than the JPAC what sort of hardware do you already have - a PC that can be Mame'd or a 360 that can be modded or neither?

If you go the 360 route then you'll need pad hacks - most folks go with HarumaN over on AO - he invented the method I believe. I guess with the 360 you can play 360 games and Mame on the one machine. Although not all 360 games are suited to an arcade game - fighters, shooters, run and gun, platformers etc are perfect - anything that can use the dpad and max 6 buttons should be fine. You should be able to hook the 360 directly using VGA and your at 31Khz.

If you go the PC route then you don't need pad hacks but 'only' have Mame/other emus. The Jpac will come in handy.

Either way you'll have more games than time to play them. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I think the specific Mame version for the 360 is called FBA? I never had it running on mine as I had the PC so I wouldn't be an expert on that. EnterNow or Touchingvirus (or any of the chaps that mod 360s) would probably know more there.

I wouldn't have a clue, don't think I've ever used a single emulator on a 360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

No clue with MAMEing - but congrats on the cabs landing. Fingers crossed all is well when you power her up :)

Grats on the blast!! just google Final Burn Alpha next, need a jtagged 360, failing that you could always use an original xbox with coinops 5/an xbox to jamma timer board and a couple of padhacks (the original big version of the controllers are easier for padhacks).

Nice one!
    yeah Im sure you'll have better luck than me.
    I have mine looking sweet now!Took a good few tries but the picture is really really good.(I'll put it down to inexperience)

one thing I'd recommend doing is moving the remote board.
    Its under the monitor under the CP.
    Its a pain to see it and you cant access the r/b gains and the dips are hard to see.
    You can unscrew it from the back and move it out under the CP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Whats a jtagged Xbox?

Whats a jtagged Xbox?

A modified 360 that can run unsigned code. You can run games from a hdd so for a cab its great not to have to change discs etc. There's also a replacement dash you can install which scans your hdd & downloads cover-art, screenshots & synopsis' etc for the games. Its also region free. Watch the first minute or so of this

Is the jtagging the same process that allows folks to play hunky versions of games downloaded off tinternet?

Is the jtagging the same process that allows folks to play hunky versions of games downloaded off tinternet?

Well it can run unsigned code, so the ability to run pirated games are an unfortunate consequence of this benefit yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

How difficult is it to jtag, as it would save me having to buy a .jp xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Congrats on the new cab and fingers crossed everything is ok with it. :)

Other than the JPAC what sort of hardware do you already have - a PC that can be Mame'd or a 360 that can be modded or neither?

If you go the 360 route then you'll need pad hacks - most folks go with HarumaN over on AO - he invented the method I believe. I guess with the 360 you can play 360 games and Mame on the one machine. Although not all 360 games are suited to an arcade game - fighters, shooters, run and gun, platformers etc are perfect - anything that can use the dpad and max 6 buttons should be fine. You should be able to hook the 360 directly using VGA and your at 31Khz.

If you go the PC route then you don't need pad hacks but 'only' have Mame/other emus. The Jpac will come in handy.

Either way you'll have more games than time to play them. :D

Well I have neither at the moment but putting together a handy mame pc is no problem to myself.

Sure I'll see exactly what I'll do when I get a look at this beast later on :D

safetyboy wrote: »
    How difficult is it to jtag, as it would save me having to buy a .jp xbox

Jtagging can't be done unless you find a 360 with a dash of 7371 or lower, a near impossibility these days. There is a new exploit called the RGH which can be done on all current models afaik. Its difficult to do & requires specific equipment...contact Touching Virus from the console modding forum, he can sort you out. The RGH can do most of what a jtag can do anyway

Well have you got it yet or wha?????

Yep, Had to shoot off from work for a hour to meet the truck and get her inside.

Front panel removed and a few doors off the hinges and shes across the room looking at me. I have no time to take pictures or anything tonight. Dont even have a power converter to give her a test power up :( The one I have is 100W and it needs 160W I think. I'm too tired to even look now

I did notice one thing though...Coin mech still in it and even the change bucket! Very happy with that little bit haha

I actually expected it to be bigger, very impressive though

Pics or GTFO ;)

Ok so heres some pics!

DSC02668_zps4e4d0f80.jpg

DSC02669_zpse23df439.jpg

DSC02670_zpsfea23c5f.jpg

DSC02671_zpsd6840b94.jpg

DSC02672_zpscd5b9660.jpg

DSC02673_zps09714f11.jpg

DSC02674_zpsed416545.jpg

DSC02675_zpsf1a75e8d.jpg

DSC02676_zps8626654e.jpg

And one last thing and I have no idea what it is

DSC02678_zpsfe7f1877.jpg

Very nice dude. Cab looks in great condition.

No idea what the pen drive is. Could be planted by the North Koreans. Proceed with caution.

Nice!
    looks in good shape,
    when can you fire it up?

looks like a security dongle!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Code

lovely, grats!! did it fit through the door alright?

• Advertisement

I have my electrician friend calling in to me in about a hour. So he'll know exactly where to get a converter and stuff

Yeah it must be a game running off the board or something. theres a guide here aswell but its all in Japanese

Got it through the door no problem. Hand trucked it in. When it came to get it into the living room though I had to take the door off its frame and the front panel off the machine and slide her in sideways

Heres the way I have my remote board at the moment,
    I'm going to make a case for it or something.
    2013-04-03%252007.06.39.jpg

Theres 2 extra pots there you cant access unless it out like this.

Very nice Jack! Congrats.

Master of the Universe

Beautiful cab! Nice to see that coin bucket in there :D

Could the USB key be a security dongle for a Taito Type X board? Chaos Breaker maybe?

o1s1n wrote: »
    Could the USB key be a security dongle for a Taito Type X board? Chaos Breaker maybe?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaos_Code

Master of the Universe

Ah nice one!

So it's a Ringedge or a Ringwide dongle. Looks like this one. Nice to know what was running in your blast before you got your hands on it :)

p1140427p.jpg

Ring wide?
    ha ha ha

My E2 had joysicks set up in 4way and hori when I got it.
    wonder what was in it ?

Would that dongel be of interest to the emulation community I wonder?
    or worth anything?

Yeah wonder if its worth money.

Theres no motherboard in the cab, only the connector that in the pictures above. Looks like a jamma/jvs aka 001 loom, so what could i connect to that?

Yeah wonder if its worth money.

Theres no motherboard in the cab, only the connector that in the pictures above. Looks like a jamma/jvs aka 001 loom, so what could i connect to that?

if its the 001 loom you can hook up practically anything ya like to that bad boy! :)

• Advertisement

Any way to tell exactly?

I the 001 loom apparently.I dont have the phono leads.
    I think theres an audio amp built into the PSU.
    I dont know anything about it tho.

2013-04-04%252018.10.23.jpg

I dont have much of an idea either, anyone know much about them?

I dont have much of an idea either, anyone know much about them?

Ya its defo the 001 loom alright, what ya wanna hook up? all the connections are there jamma and jvs

Well I'm going to mame it but I'll get a jamma board to tide me over for a little while

The cab is DOA

Got a proper power adaptor just now and nothing

Have the dp switch pressed and everything. Only thing I can think of is that the PSU is after crapping out

• Advertisement

For god sake are you serious? There is a great influx of Candies here atm, but jeez the amount of them landing with terminal problems would put anyone off importing one

Yeah...I know its shocking. Already mailed Ronnie. If something in the PSU blew I would have heard or smelt something yeah?

GOT IT!

There was a switch in the CP I did have on!

OH THE ****ING RELIEF!

GOT IT!

There was a switch in the CP I did have on!

OH THE ****ING RELIEF!

Jaysis must have gotten some fright!!! :eek:

Ah I was annoyed. Ronnie mailed me back straight away. 3 different power switches on the cab!

I cant really test anything though. I need a jamma board so I can start playing around with the settings

Any cheap jamma boards going?

• Advertisement

Ha ha nice one!

I almost did the same with the E2!I powered it up and nothing.
    I was ****ting it.
    Didnt panic tho I knew there must be a switch somewhere.
    googled it and sure enough theres a switch under the machine.

You could try an xbox in it via the dsub?

Ah I gave my friend my xbox vga cable. Only have a hdmi one now

Ah I was annoyed. Ronnie mailed me back straight away. 3 different power switches on the cab!

I cant really test anything though. I need a jamma board so I can start playing around with the settings

Any cheap jamma boards going?

I might have something will PM you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

Ahhh good man..thought it was another dud imported to the emerald isle:(
    That feeling of relief when the fooker works after an ordeal is indescribable.
    I think it's those highs and lows of collecting and maintaining 20+ year old machines that I love..Peaks and troughs,heartbreak when something dies and utter Euphoria when you fix it when you initially new feck all about the issue

Get some PCB's pronto, must be terrible looking at the blank screen and twiddling the joysticks playing make believe games like a 4 yr old in an arcade :)
    Love the blasts..And now there are two here.

Advertisement