Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB fees notifications

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just a quick question, and apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.
    For the second time in a row, AIB has taken bank fees without notifing me,and as a result I didn't have enough money in my account to meet my phone bill the following day. I could have met it had I known, but anyway, to my question.

Can anybody tell me how much do the bank charges need to be before AIB have to tell you that they are taking them?

I personaly think that they should not touch somebody's account without notifing them, but I have heard that there is a minimum amount involved, before they do.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Somewhere around the €11 mark iirc... I probably don't remember correctly tbh now... How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Elfinknight

Over 30 euro

That doesn't sound right. Pretty sure my guess of ~€11 was high...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Elfinknight

I know. I don't know how they are allowed away with it.last time i rang them but got no satisfaction from them, and still didn't tepl me the amount they send notifications

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

"From May 28, AIB will begin charging customers — who do not maintain a minimum of €2,500 in their current accounts — transaction fees and maintenance charges.

The charges include:

* 20c for every debit card transaction;

* 30c for every paper and staff-assisted transaction including cheques, counter withdrawals and lodgements, and staff-assisted transactions at any AIB branch or in the post office;

* 30c for withdrawing cash at the counter;

* 20c for every cash withdrawal from ATM’s with AIB banklink cards and AIB debit cards.

AIB will also be adding a €4.50 per financial quarter, or €18 a year charge on top of transaction fees. "

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/aib-charges-end-era-of-free-banking-187964.html

To answer the OP's original question they don't need to notify you that you are about to be charged fees. If you fail to meet the qualifying criteria (€2500 in your account at all times) the fees become active.

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    "From May 28, AIB will begin charging customers — who do not maintain a minimum of €2,500 in their current accounts — transaction fees and maintenance charges.

The charges include:

* 20c for every debit card transaction;

* 30c for every paper and staff-assisted transaction including cheques, counter withdrawals and lodgements, and staff-assisted transactions at any AIB branch or in the post office;

* 30c for withdrawing cash at the counter;

* 20c for every cash withdrawal from ATM’s with AIB banklink cards and AIB debit cards.

AIB will also be adding a €4.50 per financial quarter, or €18 a year charge on top of transaction fees. "

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/aib-charges-end-era-of-free-banking-187964.html

To answer the OP's original question they don't need to notify you that you are about to be charged fees. If you fail to meet the qualifying criteria (€2500 in your account at all times) the fees become active.

The fuck!?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,632 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Hi all
    Just a quick question, and apologies if I have posted in the wrong place.
    For the second time in a row, AIB has taken bank fees without notifing me,and as a result I didn't have enough money in my account to meet my phone bill the following day. I could have met it had I known, but anyway, to my question.

Can anybody tell me how much do the bank charges need to be before AIB have to tell you that they are taking them?

I personaly think that they should not touch somebody's account without notifing them, but I have heard that there is a minimum amount involved, before they do.

Your fees vary depending on your usage.

Switch to PTSB and avoid fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Twiki

Might it have been stamp duty on a credit card or something?

Advertisement