If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo 807 Issues question

Options
  • 02-04-2013 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,
    Bought an Onkyo TX-NR807 off ye guys back in 2009 and I think the HDMI board has died tonight. Just wondering since Onkyo have no service option in Ireland what ye guys do in terms of people having issues with systems that are within warranty. I have emailed Onkyo but just checking to see if ye guys have any suggestions as it weighs a tonne and would be a crazy price to ship anywhere I would imagine.

Thanks,
    B~

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bazual wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    Bought an Onkyo TX-NR807 off ye guys back in 2009 and I think the HDMI board has died tonight. Just wondering since Onkyo have no service option in Ireland what ye guys do in terms of people having issues with systems that are within warranty. I have emailed Onkyo but just checking to see if ye guys have any suggestions as it weighs a tonne and would be a crazy price to ship anywhere I would imagine.

Thanks,
    B~
    Hi Bazual.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Onkyo 807.

We could get the Onkyo looked at but it would need returned to us here in Belfast.

There would be a £40 estimate charge to allow us to send it so an engineer can come back with a cost to fix the unit.
    If the cost is agreed then the £40 would come off of the total repair bill.

I understand it might be a hassle to get the unit back to us but there is no option for us anymore to get goods like this collected in case it would get damaged it transit or the packaging was not adequate.

Let me know what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭bazual

Hi Bazual.

Sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Onkyo 807.

We could get the Onkyo looked at but it would need returned to us here in Belfast.

There would be a £40 estimate charge to allow us to send it so an engineer can come back with a cost to fix the unit.
    If the cost is agreed then the £40 would come off of the total repair bill.

I understand it might be a hassle to get the unit back to us but there is no option for us anymore to get goods like this collected in case it would get damaged it transit or the packaging was not adequate.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks for the response Kenny. I will see what Onkyo come back with in the next couple of days but a trip up to Belfast might be the best option, although I could end up coming home with a new one if I visit the store. 
    The only part that is not working at the moment is HDMI since both Sky HD box and the Media Pc are using optical outs into the amp for sound and components for the other zones. So I am plugging the HDMI Cable into whatever device I need to display it on at the moment instead of switching sources on the amp which would have worked before HDMI went. Do you have a HDMI switcher device that would have multiple inputs and 1/2 outputs that I could control remotely i.e. wirelessly etc. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    B~

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

bazual wrote: »
    Thanks for the response Kenny. I will see what Onkyo come back with in the next couple of days but a trip up to Belfast might be the best option, although I could end up coming home with a new one if I visit the store. 
    The only part that is not working at the moment is HDMI since both Sky HD box and the Media Pc are using optical outs into the amp for sound and components for the other zones. So I am plugging the HDMI Cable into whatever device I need to display it on at the moment instead of switching sources on the amp which would have worked before HDMI went. Do you have a HDMI switcher device that would have multiple inputs and 1/2 outputs that I could control remotely i.e. wirelessly etc. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    B~
    Hey Bazul.

Nearly missed your question at the end.

At the moment we do not stock any switching units ourselves although there is plenty of options out there to go that way. Not to sure about wireless though?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.