Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB question....

Options
  • 02-04-2013 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭

I have a current account and Visa credit card with AIB. I've been meaning to close them both off for ages cos the charges are monstrous and I've free banking with Ptsb. I presume I have to attend a branch to close the current account. Anyone know if I can do it at any branch or does it have to be my home branch? Also, can I close the CC over the phone or will I do that in branch too?

Cheers for any replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

i closed a current account with aib within the last year. i closed it by sending a letter to the branch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I closed the account by letter too, the will need the account to be empty if you do not have another AIB account to transfer the balance to.

They also need a date you want it closed and they will check if there are any transaction charges due!

Advertisement