Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need advice for switching current account

Options
  • 02-04-2013 11:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I'd like to switch my current account from AIB to UlsterBank (assuming they still have free banking).

Will I need to manually switch over all my direct debits or will UlsterBank take care of that?

I'd like to keep my Visa card I have with AIB, can I do that if I no longer have a bank account with them?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭Delta2113

I'd like to switch my current account from AIB to UlsterBank (assuming they still have free banking).

Will I need to manually switch over all my direct debits or will UlsterBank take care of that?

I'd like to keep my Visa card I have with AIB, can I do that if I no longer have a bank account with them?

Thanks

- UlsterBank can take care of it.

- Yes you can keep your AIB Visa card.

You should also check out PTSB NEW Current a/c.

https://www.permanenttsb.ie/whatweoffer/current-accounts/current-account/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Thanks, Delta. Will check the PTSB one too, thanks for the tip.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I would suggest PTSB aswell. Ulster Bank have only guaranteed free fees until the summer and its only going on that long because they extended the time period after their systems crashed last year

Advertisement