Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan parent holiday form

Options
  • 02-04-2013 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi I am currently seeking loan parent allowance an was wondering what the story is with regard to holiday pay? I am going away for a few days end of April an wont be around to collect payment from post office do I contact welfare directly or is there an online form to fill out? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Shelli2

I have never filled out a holiday form for LP alone, if this is your only payment, it should stay in the post office for two weeks. If you holiday is less that that there is no need to inform the welfare office.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 sunflower60

Thank you so much thatS great by the time I got through to them on the phone to find out I would prob have missed my holiday lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

From here - http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/One-Parent-Family-Payment.aspx
    Absence from the State:

One-Parent Family Payment is not payable to anyone residing outside the State, except for EEA nationals who are working in Ireland and entitled under the provisions of ( EU) Regulation 647/2005 (Miscellaneous Amendments 2003) amending Regulations 1408/71 and 574/72.

A person may however have reasonable absences up to a maximum of 3 weeks outside the State for the purposes of holidays, attending a funeral etc. and receive payment. The Department must be notified in advance of the intention to leave the State and the reason for the absence.

See Part 3 and " Payment Methods" guideline regarding payment arrangements while absent from the State.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

bulmersgal, please do not suggest the OP breaks the law regarding collecting her social welfare payment. It's against the boards.ie charter.

Thank you so much for that information I didn't see it on their website earlier obviously you have to notify them I will pop down in the morning an get a form thanks again

• Advertisement

Hi just for your information your loan parents stays in your account at the post office for approx 14 days so there is no need to contact Social Welfare unless you are away for longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭Funkfield

Well technically you have to notify them any time you are going away.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ms. Pingui

I get my lone parent payment straight into my bank account. :confused:

Advertisement