Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mono/stereo button in Logic 8

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Should be there already - don't think you can hide that one. Unless you load a 'mono' track with a mono file - logic will automatically switch to a stereo channel if you, say, load a stereo file onto a mono channel. You can still convert this as Logic has pretty intelligent upmixing/downmixing routing. So, if you toggle the double circle (stereo) icon on a stereo track to single circle (mono), it will take your stereo track and 'downmix' it to mono - simulating the traditional 'summing load' stereo-to-mono routing that would be done in the analogue domain. Not quite the same as having a fully mono path to begin with, but it works quite well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

TroutMask wrote: »
    Should be there already - don't think you can hide that one. Unless you load a 'mono' track with a mono file - logic will automatically switch to a stereo channel if you, say, load a stereo file onto a mono channel. You can still convert this as Logic has pretty intelligent upmixing/downmixing routing. So, if you toggle the double circle (stereo) icon on a stereo track to single circle (mono), it will take your stereo track and 'downmix' it to mono - simulating the traditional 'summing load' stereo-to-mono routing that would be done in the analogue domain. Not quite the same as having a fully mono path to begin with, but it works quite well.
    I just tried loading up a new project and your right it has them by default.for some reason though my templates dont have them there at all.
    Looks like aia gotts do another template :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭TroutMask

Templates can be weird in Logic - i never use them ( i just speak for myself now) - especially between versions of Logic. I've had peculiar things happen with imported templates so I just make my own or build fresh each time.

Advertisement