Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious Job

Options
  • 02-04-2013 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

So i'm currently on the look out for work, and I've been applying to everything and anything. One job i applied to was a "Warehouse Opperative" on Gumtree (i know dodgy already). I just got an email response back and rather than spell it out I think it's best if you see yourself

I am Devery Daniel, I am replying back to your message concerning the job posted on Gumtree for Warehouse Operative in which you are interested in, I go through your Resume and am quite impress and i think you are the right person for this job. Unfortunately i am out of the Town at the moment,I am in Scotland on a Business trip and i am the Head Supervisor of the Warehouse which the name will be disclose to you very soon so there won't be any interview in Person.

JOB DESCRIPTION

You will walk into our warehouse which we will be disclosing to you soon and your responsibilities include inspecting, testing, sampling, and sorting products or goods being manufactured. The manufactured products can include a large range of items, including food, machinery, equipment or pharmaceuticals. Depending the type of manufacturing environment,You can also be required to have some technical knowledge. In this type of profession, there are quality standards that are strictly followed, and daily or weekly production goals.

These physical requirements is very important for the inspector, You will be working 2-days in a week and you are to choose any 2-days of the week from Monday to Friday that will be preferable to you and you will be working 4-hours in these 2-days and that will be from 9:00AM-12:00PM and we are offering you 400.00euro per week.

Method of payment will be Cheque/Banker's Draft.

If you are interested kindly get back to me with the following information:-

FULL NAME:

FULL ADDRESS:

PHONE:

MARITAL STATUS :

I will be looking forward hearing from you and then proceed on the next step forward.

Best regards

Devery Daniel .

Ok, i'm no idiot and I know there's something very weird about it.
    Anyone else any experience with this???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sounds like a bounced cheque scam, I'd run a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 32 thenexthenry

How does this scam work?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

• Registered Users Posts: 1 eamonfowler

I just got the same reply back from that job too at half 12 at night...yeah the 400 for 8 hours a week got alarm bells going..:) too good to be true...i dont think i will be replying back to Devery Daniel...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,332 ✭✭✭tatli_lokma

why would delivery daniel need to know your marital status????
    absolute scam...don't waste your time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Report the ad. Wouldn't like to be you handling a cheque that would bounce.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

identity fraud alert.... isn't most of the info requested already on the CV that Devery Dano recieved?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Sounds like this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Advance_fee_fraud#Fake_cheques

I suspect if you emailed them back you would suddenly get a cheque for 400 euro :p

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭plasteritup

no no no

hello everybody, I am devry Danielson and I can sure you all this is not a scam.
    please I be cuming brack from the Scotland very soon and I have positins in my big warehouse for every body.
    please for now just leve all yours adresssseesss and names of everybody here and I will be riting to alls of you.

THANKS YOU,
    DEVRY DANIELS,BIG WAREHOUSE MAN

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

Can't even do math.... 8am-12 noon is 3 hours, not 4.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

silja wrote: »
    Can't even do math.... 8am-12 noon is 3 hours, not 4.

Hi Devery!!

Advertisement