Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**First Years 2013-2014**

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭AllCaps

Yup, I'd only visited maybe twice before during the day, so far I like it, I must head around the city some more tomorrow though, and work out bus timetables :pac:

Ah right, it's a nice enough aul spot. If you're out and about tomorrow and pass by Pizza & Pasta Napoli, get a slice of pizza... best pizza in Galway, possibly in Ireland :D

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭matthew2008

AllCaps wrote: »
    Ah right, it's a nice enough aul spot. If you're out and about tomorrow and pass by Pizza & Pasta Napoli, get a slice of pizza... best pizza in Galway, possibly in Ireland :D

have a rough location on that? iv yet to eat a better pizza than rebel pizza but this will have already been a worthwhile experience if it is better :O

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

all the sockets iv tried are working fine in mine. theres a fusebox in the hall though (at least iv one) so you should have a look at that!
    on a similar note, have you done your inventory yet? i cant figure out what the 'fire panel' is :/

I haven't a clue about fuse boxes and whatnot, I think I might leave it until morning, or else google can be my friend.

I have no clue what that is either, I am also missing an iron :pac:

I haven't a clue about fuse boxes and whatnot, I think I might leave it until morning, or else google can be my friend.

I have no clue what that is either, I am also missing an iron :pac:

basically youve a box on the wall with a load of switches, all the switches should be facing up, if there not just flick them up and try your sockets then! i thought my iron was missing as well, but i found it in the cupboard in the kitchen with the boiler so maybe try there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Thats where mine was as well.

I also appreciated that they chipped the top of all the large knives so I cant stab anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BubbleFoot

A lot of people I know are moving up tomorrow/ Wednesday . Everyone should be in corrib by friday

basically youve a box on the wall with a load of switches, all the switches should be facing up, if there not just flick them up and try your sockets then! i thought my iron was missing as well, but i found it in the cupboard in the kitchen with the boiler so maybe try there?

There all facing up already, maybe if I leave it until morning and call down to reception I guess :confused:

And nope, nothing there except bowls and Hoover stuff and loads of toilet paper :pac:
    Thats where mine was as well.

I also appreciated that they chipped the top of all the large knives so I cant stab anyone.

I got all of the quality sharp knives still in packaging, never mind forks now, I got knives :cool:

Oh yeah, I got crossword toilet paper, the mammy snuck it in while I was unpacking the car, best thing about this place I think :P

We have a brand new fridge :cool:

We have a brand new fridge :cool:

speaking of fridges, what do they expect us to put in the freezers, there tiny :mad: are we allowed buy our own freezers and bring them in?

Wait for winter to roll around and turn one room into a cold room.

• Advertisement

speaking of fridges, what do they expect us to put in the freezers, there tiny :mad: are we allowed buy our own freezers and bring them in?

I don't know, there's something in the book they gave us about electricity, and extra cables and stuff but I don't remember anything about other appliances. I don't see any reason you shouldn't be allowed, I got one of the ensuite apartments and we have a separate freezer as well as the fridge.

The fridge is even small though, I got groceries today and it's almost full.

I don't know, there's something in the book they gave us about electricity, and extra cables and stuff but I don't remember anything about other appliances. I don't see any reason you shouldn't be allowed, I got one of the ensuite apartments and we have a separate freezer as well as the fridge.

The fridge is even small though, I got groceries today and it's almost full.

if it defrosts its guna soak the apartment is the only reason i think you wouldnt be allowed one! plus your guna have to share that fridge with other people!
    and ensuite, la-de-da, lucky you haha, you got a dishwasher and washing machine then? :O

if it defrosts its guna soak the apartment is the only reason i think you wouldnt be allowed one! plus your guna have to share that fridge with other people!
    and ensuite, la-de-da, lucky you haha, you got a dishwasher and washing machine then? :O

Everyone else will just have to use a different fridge...
    Grocery shopping was a strange experience, I went to buy chicken, the cheapest was a whole chicken as opposed to just chicken breasts, and I thought, hey that will be good value for money. Later on I realised I have to cook the damn thing somehow :p

No washing machine, and the dishwasher is sh'te. It's teeeeensy, and I had to wash everything anyway after I used it because it didn't get half the stuff cleaned off :l

Everyone else will just have to use a different fridge...
    Grocery shopping was a strange experience, I went to buy chicken, the cheapest was a whole chicken as opposed to just chicken breasts, and I thought, hey that will be good value for money. Later on I realised I have to cook the damn thing somehow :p

No washing machine, and the dishwasher is sh'te. It's teeeeensy, and I had to wash everything anyway after I used it because it didn't get half the stuff cleaned off :l

a cooked chicken from tesco is a similar price if not cheaper then a raw one i think, 3.99-4.99! plus unless your super-rich (for a student) i dont think how to cook a chicken will be a problem that comes up often so embrace it this time haha! oh washing machine would be so handy, its 3 euro for one wash :confused: itd nearly be cheaper to constantly buy new socks for me, cause there pretty much the only white clothes i wear

a cooked chicken from tesco is a similar price if not cheaper then a raw one i think, 3.99-4.99! plus unless your super-rich (for a student) i dont think how to cook a chicken will be a problem that comes up often so embrace it this time haha! oh washing machine would be so handy, its 3 euro for one wash :confused: itd nearly be cheaper to constantly buy new socks for me, cause there pretty much the only white clothes i wear

Super broke is more like it, it was really cheap, on offer, I have to cook it tomorrow or it'll be gone off :o I think I'll be washing clothes at home on the weekends for the most part, will work out a lot cheaper in the long run.

Its simple. Never wash your clothes.

Its simple. Never wash your clothes.

Note to self: Never sit next to you in class :P

home for me is a minimum 5 hour round trip so thats out the question for me! and not washing my clothes geniunly sounds tempting ha:eek:

home for me is a minimum 5 hour round trip so thats out the question for me! and not washing my clothes geniunly sounds tempting ha:eek:

Northern Ireland or Donegal?

• Advertisement

Mine's just over 2 hours, but I have important business in Limerick every weekend, so I shall be travelling.

Northern Ireland or Donegal?

meath, 2 and a half hours each way in a car, up to 5 on a train each way

How long does it take to walk to the city centre? I never timed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭AllCaps

have a rough location on that? iv yet to eat a better pizza than rebel pizza but this will have already been a worthwhile experience if it is better :O

Find The Dáil Bar, go right from the front door of the dáil, after a pub called Tigh Neachtain's on the left you'll see it there. There'll probably be people sitting outside eating anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to find :P

How long does it take to walk to the city centre? I never timed it.

havnt timed it myself and only been about 3 times but i think maybe 10-15 min?

AllCaps wrote: »
    Find The Dáil Bar, go right from the front door of the dáil, after a pub called Tigh Neachtain's on the left you'll see it there. There'll probably be people sitting outside eating anyway so it shouldn't be too hard to find :P
    thats my mission for tommorow so, cheers:D

• Advertisement

havnt timed it myself and only been about 3 times but i think maybe 10-15 min?

Ah that's grand so, I just hope I wake up reasonably early, no alarm clock without electricity! My phone is never loud enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Well this thread's been very quite today :P

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Dara2009

Buckfast Lamps available in Galway....

http://www.adverts.ie/3588102

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

Is there many here that are moved into Dunaras?

The sockets are gone again, great :l

• Advertisement

Lads this is fierce quiet altogether. Who alls in Galway? Whats the craic at the moment?

Stick a fork in the socket
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9EcngljkeYa4oBpzvwP75q1dxcRF52U4fMAV3klwqCUzAbvtLrQ

Lads this is fierce quiet altogether. Who alls in Galway? Whats the craic at the moment?

Stick a fork in the socket
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS9EcngljkeYa4oBpzvwP75q1dxcRF52U4fMAV3klwqCUzAbvtLrQ

Corrib still seems pretty empty, I'm only after coming back from the city, the socket thing is driving me mad.

And yeah, why not, sounds like a GREAT idea :D

Is there're anyone in corrib at the moment who wants to let me put some food in their fridge? Mine won't be working until tomorrow, I don't want food going off :l

Ye could try mine. Block A, No.11.

I'm not there and my flat mate may have gone home so you might want to check before emptying the fridge but if he's there just say that Andrew siud I could use the fridge for a day til mines fixed or something.

Ye could try mine. Block A, No.11.

I'm not there and my flat mate may have gone home so you might want to check before emptying the fridge but if he's there just say that Andrew siud I could use the fridge for a day til mines fixed or something.

Thanks, I'll try walking over in a few minutes :D

I reckon he went home if nothing kept him busy but its worth a shot.

Just went over there, no one home, oh well :l anyone else on here willing to let me leave food in their fridge?

Sorry :(

Sorry :(

It's not your fault :p if no one else in corrib is on this, I might just randomly walk around ringing the door bell on random apartments :pac: I tried the ones in my building but no one home.

I feel bad for the false hope

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

Is it just me or is the fresher's ball awkwardly scheduled ?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Ernesto Guevara

Rigamortus wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the fresher's ball awkwardly scheduled ?

It is a bit, love the name by the way :P

It is a bit, love the name by the way :P

i'm gonna assume you like the song rigamortus lol

chances are i'll miss it cuz it's set at such an awkward date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

when is it?

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    when is it?

the 15th