Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

**First Years 2013-2014**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

What building is "TB"?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 maplesyrupnuig

Anyone doing arts down for the weekend? I'm bored and neeed to meet people

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BubbleFoot

Doris300 wrote: »
    If anyone's thinking about paying the ridiculous prices for books consider downloading the pdf of it for free. Just google the name and the author and you should find most books

Too bad a lot of books that my lecturers want us to get have codes included with them that are needed for continuous assessments .

• Registered Users Posts: 6 gmmf123

Anyone looking for a room in Dunaras??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 74 ✭✭AD61

What building is "TB"?

Tower Block, above the concourse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

AD61 wrote: »
    Tower Block, above the concourse.

Thank you so much. :) Hopefully next week I'll stop getting so lost all the time. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭AllCaps

Anyone going to the fresher's ball tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

Nope

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Anyone else think Blackboard is excessively complicated!? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

It was way more basic last year, seems they've done a fair overhaul!

• Advertisement

I find it grand... You only really need to look at the My Courses widget and the Updates part of the drop down menu. It is a bit cluttered though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,157 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

Still cant get onto blackboard :/

HugsiePie wrote: »
    Still cant get onto blackboard :/

Can you log into student mail or CASS?

AllCaps wrote: »
    Can you log into student mail or CASS?

Finally got into BB-havent a clue what my student mail address would be or what CASS is?

Finally got into BB-havent a clue what my student mail address would be or what CASS is?

CASS is just a thing where you can change your password from the 'galwayddmm' one to your own private one.

Student mail is https://pod51036.outlook.com/ and you just log in with the NUIG email address, which I think you can find by typing in your CAO number on this: http://www.nuigalway.ie/information-solutions-and-services/email/studentmail/whatismyemailaddress.php

The only e-mails I've gotten so far have just been stuff from my physics and chemistry lecturers about what they've put on blackboard, so I'm not sure how important the student mail actually is.

Anyone doind science-how do I do that Wiley plus thing? I completley forgot about it-how do I open it? Where do I find it?

Anyone doind science-how do I do that Wiley plus thing? I completley forgot about it-how do I open it? Where do I find it?

Mark Lang's physics?

On blackboard, click Courses in the top right, then physics, then assignments on the left hand side and the WileyPlus yoke is there.

Anyone whos in 1st year science-what was unknown B in the chemistry lab-I didnt have time to finish testing it-PLEASE

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Anyone whos in 1st year science-what was unknown B in the chemistry lab-I didnt have time to finish testing it-PLEASE

nitrate

nitrate

You are my saviour :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭LOSTfan57

Orla19 wrote: »
    free room in a house on bohermore, 70e a week..sharing with first years, in case anybody wants to change accommodation/ or still looking etc.. pm me if interested :)

I live on bohernore aswell

So people what do ye think of NUIG so far?

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭WSobchak95

Meh...I'm a bit bored of it all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

I heard that the SU sell books second hand, anyone have any idea where they sell them from? I tried their website, but it only tells you what books they have in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

NiallMH93 wrote: »
    I heard that the SU sell books second hand, anyone have any idea where they sell them from? I tried their website, but it only tells you what books they have in stock.

In the Aras Mac Leinn (beside the College Bar) on the 2nd floor and the furthest door right

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Burt Macklin

In the Aras Mac Leinn (beside the College Bar) on the 2nd floor and the furthest door right
    Oh right, thanks.

Meh

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Nkerr

Loving the nights out ;)

Ok so Im in the chem lab on Mondays and we did the salt experiment but I forgot to get the results off my lab partner for salt 1 and 2 and I cant find her in lecture theatres or on FB-so sdoes anyone have the results for salt 1 and 2

I also did salt 4 but I just wrote down strontium and zinc for salt 3 and 4-I didnt actually sat whaich was salt 3 or which was 4-is zinc 3 or 4? Please help :(

• Advertisement

Have you only 1 partner or is there someone else in the group.

Advertisement