Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

**First Years 2013-2014**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Copper Nikus.

It doesn't seem to be allowing me to skip it. When I press continue, it says something along the lines of "error no data found." Oh well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 AndruH

Hi everybody, I'm starting in Galway this September too, and I'm looking for some other sound first years to share an apartment with that's for rent beside the cathedral in Galway. It's 72 euro a week, 6 min walk to NUIG and 7 mins. walk to Eyre square. It's an awesome location, with myself and a first year girl I know already set on it, and we still need three more people to get. If you would be interested in this place and starting college in Galway could you send me a message? I put a message up on the NUIG first years 2013/14 page on facebook, so I'm looking for any other first years in Galway to share with. Let me know asap as I'd like to get this apartment set preferably by sometime tomorrow or else it may be gone. Message me and let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jon Snow

So... is anyone else here going into General Science?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Rickwellwood

yea gen science here for me too - looking at EOS, Maths, Computer Science & Physics as module choices ....... and having the craic too btw

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jon Snow

yea gen science here for me too - looking at EOS, Maths, Computer Science & Physics as module choices

I registered today and choose the Biology, Mathematical Studies, Physics and Chemistry choice (CC1 I think it was called).
    and having the craic too btw

Naturally :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Hey, anyone going to Corrib Village this year, when're ye planning on moving up? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Mavis200

Did anyone get an email yet telling them that they can register? I still havent received any information from nuig. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,446 ✭✭✭Corvo Attano

I got one about 2 days ago.

Try register anyway and see what happens. They should have your info.

http://www.nuigalway.ie/registration/
    User: Your CAO number
    Password: galway followed by the first four digits of your d.o.b.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 lauren mc causland

Jon Snow wrote: »
    I registered today and choose the Biology, Mathematical Studies, Physics and Chemistry choice (CC1 I think it was called).

you'll litreally be in every one of my classes lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Damn you all I wish I was going in to 1st year :(

• Advertisement

Its scary man. Any insider tips? Tricks of the trade?

Throw a dawg a bone here.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therambler

Slow Show wrote: »
    Hey, anyone going to Corrib Village this year, when're ye planning on moving up? :p

Minor championship the 31st August so any day after that :p

therambler wrote: »
    Minor championship the 31st August so any day after that :p

Awww due to work commitments I'll probably end up moving in the day before orientation starts, I hope I don't miss out on much. :o

Its scary man. Any insider tips? Tricks of the trade?

Throw a dawg a bone here.

MY only advice is to thoroughly enjoy yourself. Before college I would have considered myself not great on the social aspect of life, I loved going out and that but I would have found it hard to make friends.

Didn't matter though, I made a great group of friends and had the best year of my life.

Just really, make sure you go to your lectures, it helps a lot, I did very little study but went to almost all my lectures. Then just crammed for two weeks. 1st year really doesn't require a awful lot of effort if you have a bit of sense.

Just enjoy it while you can!!

You sound similar to me so that helps. Thanks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭diarmo06

Ah, having a bit of trouble.
    So set up my actual online registration, then did the CASS reg and getting into that page grand. Just doesn't seem to want to let me into blackboard or anything else? As in, it says username/password incorrect but it should be the same as CASS, shouldn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 saoirse95

Civil Law with Legal French!

What exactly is "Legal" French

One of the modules. I presume it's something got to do with law and france..

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Ah, having a bit of trouble.
    So set up my actual online registration, then did the CASS reg and getting into that page grand. Just doesn't seem to want to let me into blackboard or anything else? As in, it says username/password incorrect but it should be the same as CASS, shouldn't it?

Pretty certain blackboard takes a minimum of a day or so to register new accounts. Just try again later.

• Advertisement

Now I have to find out whats Illegal French :P

Sacre bleu!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69 ✭✭Fert94

my online registration appears a little unwell :/ It'll only let me pay fees and I can't edit any information, which I need to do in a serious fashion! Hope it's just my general lack of technological smarts and not that my account is acting up :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Javire

Hi, starting NUIG soon .Anyone for financial maths and economics ? :)

Awww due to work commitments I'll probably end up moving in the day before orientation starts, I hope I don't miss out on much. :o

A week out of 4 years.. You won't miss much :P

Does anyone know when do we find out who our roommates in Corrib are? I'm living with 4 strangers so it's kind of scary/exciting

Does anyone know when do we find out who our roommates in Corrib are? I'm living with 4 strangers so it's kind of scary/exciting
    We find out when we check in, which is from September 1st I think :) I hope mine are nice :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭yer man!

Fert94 wrote: »
    my online registration appears a little unwell :/ It'll only let me pay fees and I can't edit any information, which I need to do in a serious fashion! Hope it's just my general lack of technological smarts and not that my account is acting up :P

Email the registration office person, I screwed up my registration a few years ago and wasn't allowed to amend any info, only they could do it.

Haha make that six years for me, thinking about it I'm sure I'll be fine :)

Also living with strangers so far (kinda scared I'll get lumped in with someone from school which would take the fun out of it), I'm quite excited!

saoirse95 wrote: »
    We find out when we check in, which is from September 1st I think :) I hope mine are nice :(

Is that when we're allowed move in? Have to admit, I can't wait to move to Galway :D Everyone is in the same boat so I'll keep my faith in humanity and hope they'll be sound enough :P

• Advertisement

Haha make that six years for me, thinking about it I'm sure I'll be fine :)

Also living with strangers so far (kinda scared I'll get lumped in with someone from school which would take the fun out of it), I'm quite excited!

Yeah half my school is going to Galway but I don't know anybody else in Corrib...And I wouldn't want it any other way :P

Is that when we're allowed move in? Have to admit, I can't wait to move to Galway :D Everyone is in the same boat so I'll keep my faith in humanity and hope they'll be sound enough :P
    I think I read something about Sept 1st on the website! I'm only moving 30 mins down the road so it's not that much of a huge step for me :p

saoirse95 wrote: »
    I think I read something about Sept 1st on the website! I'm only moving 30 mins down the road so it's not that much of a huge step for me :p

30 mins? With the price of Corrib, were you not tempted to invest in a decent car? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Lepus

I got Arts in G-town. Anyone for that? I don't want to be sad and friendless.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭RoutineBites

Fert94 wrote: »

I'm in the same situation. I need to put my SUSI number in, but it doesn't give me the option to do so. I've tried via the MyCampus page and the regular registration page but neither has worked. I did ring the hotline but the method they gave me didn't work. Now I'm receiving no answer from them when I ring. Any ideas as to what to do?

30 mins? With the price of Corrib, were you not tempted to invest in a decent car? :P

they gave me the choice! but moving out is handier, cant really drive home after a night out :P plus the price of taxis in Galway is crazy!

• Advertisement

You could walk/stumble/crawl home :pac:

no thank you :))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

I'm a fan of the lenghty night-long stumble home myself

Sure arnt we all

A gang of us walked the wrong way home for about an hour and a half only to realise we had done a circle back to the house party we were at, a bus just happened to pull up at the time, hopped in the bus and went home!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 321 ✭✭Gatame

A gang of us walked the wrong way home for about an hour and a half only to realise we had done a circle back to the house party we were at, a bus just happened to pull up at the time, hopped in the bus and went home!

What I wanna know is where were ye goin that it took an hour and a half to realise you hadn't got there yet? or a more pertinent question what did you drink and where can I get some?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

anyone else not able to login to register? I know my user name is my CAO no. and then my password is galway with first four digits of d.o.b but it just wont login for me :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

mikeyod123 wrote: »
    anyone else not able to login to register? I know my user name is my CAO no. and then my password is galway with first four digits of d.o.b but it just wont login for me :confused:

If you have accepted your offer in the last day or two then it might not work yet, just give it another day. Thats what happened to me, I only got access yesterday two days after I accepted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

When it comes to paying fees, what's the story with the grant? Like, I amn't sure whether or not I'm getting a grant yet so do I pay for that part or not?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    If you have accepted your offer in the last day or two then it might not work yet, just give it another day. Thats what happened to me, I only got access yesterday two days after I accepted :)

I accepted my offer the day it came out so I dont have a clue why its not working :confused:

You have until the end of September to pay your contribution and til the end of October to pay half your fee so by then you should have a letter of confirmation that you must show the admissions office.

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Found This Fork Sir

You have until the end of September to pay your contribution and til the end of October to pay half your fee so by then you should have a letter of confirmation that you must show the admissions office.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Rigamortus

Have any of yous got your apartment and room number in corrib yet? And your Accomodation block?

Rigamortus wrote: »
    Have any of yous got your apartment and room number in corrib yet? And your Accomodation block?

we don't get it till we check in :( I'm going down on Saturday:D anybody else?

Wah hey another corrib

• Advertisement
Advertisement