Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fuel tap grief

• 03-04-2013 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

So my '95 Gixxer 750 has a tap setup where one line feeds cyls 1&2 and another line feeds 3&4. For some reason, the feed for 3&4 gets blocked maybe but for some reason, the line just dries up and the dies on 3&4. It was always very stiff and the plastic knob as well as a couple of internal bits have gotten chewed up in the process of trying to fix it (amateurs :D)

Apparently the fuel tap is pretty rare and can cause grief. If they don't leak onto the ground, they can cause fuel to leak into the crank cases, according to my mechanic who also has an identical bike. He paid £135 for a new tap which is more than I earn in a week at the moment. I bought a second hand one today from a breaker for €60 but it's in absolute rag order. I expect a row tomorrow when I give it back to him. I get the impression that he's probably used to having rows with people...

Are their any options of converting a different setup from a similar bike? Maybe joining the dual lines and using a Bandit tap for example?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

you could possible get one that has a single feed out of it that fits the tank and split the pipe into 4? dunno if it would work though and your spending even more moneys then, have you had a look to see is there repair kits availible for that specific tap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I'd bite the bullet and fit a Pingel tap. They aren't as expensive as a Stock tap and are much better quality.
    this one will work, it will be a better job, the little plastic nipple on the back of the stock one breaks and causes the problem.

Advertisement