Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second chance student grant question

Options
  • 03-04-2013 2:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I have a level 7 degree I got in 2009 and I dropped out of the level 8 same year, I am hoping to go back to college next year and do a level 8 degree as a second chance student.
    I've also been considering doing a vtos course this September to repeat my leaving cert and improve my chances for qualifying next year. Would doing this mess up my chances for qualifying as a second chance student?
    I'm not sure if's it's relevant but I was on the back to education grant when I was last in college.

Any info would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

If you already hold a degree (level 7 or a level 8), you won't be able to get a grant or free fees for a second level 7 or level degree. The second chance student fees/grant only applies to those who attempted their first degree but did not finish it (i.e did not get a qualification) and have been on a break of 5 years or more.

You might possibly be able to get the fees etc paid if you did a one year 'addon' that upgrades your level 7 to a level 8.

Advertisement