Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat Lady

• 03-04-2013 3:49am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

If there's one reason I stay subscribed to the likes of PewDiePie, despite him annoying the tits off me, it's to stay in the loop regarding indie games I may miss out on, myself.

After seeing one of his videos and watching him get started in a game called "The Cat Lady", available for about 8 quid, I was intrigued and got a copy...

Anyone else play this besides me? What a game...

Not only has it got a dark, bleak, dreary art-style to reflect the 'laid on thick' suicidal, grim, depressing nature of the main character but it's also pretty damn endearing despite the psychological, horror and gore aspects.

Just had my first play through and completed it - I'm going to assume this nice little game has a lot of alternate paths and endings to it based on your actions through the game considering the multiple chapters and many various choices to make. Apart from shady voice acting in places (In one case it's bad acting, in most others it's just the noticeable fact some voices were recorded with bad microphones - Neither detracted from the enjoyment for me either way) it's a pretty endearing little game.

If you haven't already heard of it or tried it and if you're in the mood for a slightly mind-bending, part horror, mostly psychological thriller then I urge you to give this a shot ^^

It's nice to have such an insecure and completely against-normal protagonist. No, you're not playing some hot super model who charms her way through it all - You're someone who's clearly aware of their less-than-attractive looks, suicidal "Thanks for nothing" attitude.

Won't suit everyone but I certainly enjoyed it and should play it again to see how different the game will go based on alternate choices.

Made a brief video showing some moments but if you intend to play it, best to avoid as it may contain a spoiler or two.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Man that looks claaaaaaaaaaaass! How long is the playthrough?

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

Is it PC only?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I bought it in a groupees Bundle but it was going on the list of games I will never play, but it looks good so will try it out now.

RopeDrink wrote: »
    Think of it like the bastard child of Silent Hill 2 & Monkey Island :P

You had me at hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Oh my, I am intrigued, and wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Sycopat

I picked this up the other day and had a quick run through it.

Really enjoyed it. I found it short enough, but worth it for the price I paid. Nice creepy vibe to the whole thing. I can see myself having more quick runs through just to see the other angles it takes/what other endings there are.

There is a demo at http://www.thecatlady.co.uk/ but I haven't played it so don't know how representative/spoilertastic it is.

It's also on sale on gog at the moment, which may be a clincher for people.

Advertisement