Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B&Q Athlone to remain open.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Its like that scene in Killinaskully, where your man spread the rumour that the pub was closing down so that people would come in for one last pint and so on.

Its also very reminiscent of Billy Bretts closing down sale - that was epic! and sure he was never closing down haha!

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭athlonelad

Its like that scene in Killinaskully, where your man spread the rumour that the pub was closing down so that people would come in for one last pint and so on.

Its also very reminiscent of Billy Bretts closing down sale - that was epic! and sure he was never closing down haha!

Its like a game of poker, calling bluffs.
    Landlord probably realised some rent is better than no rent. Itd be a big empty eyesore for a long time.
    Bretts has its closoing down sale once a month!

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

i heard b@q got a great deal from paying 800 thousands a year to zero rent from nama . i think b@q are a british company as well getting free rent i wonder if chadwicks were offered free rent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

finky1 wrote: »
    i heard b@q got a great deal from paying 800 thousands a year to zero rent from nama . i think b@q are a british company as well getting free rent i wonder if chadwicks were offered free rent
    Punctuation my friend....
    Also who are B@Q?

I really dont think they were paying 800, 000 pa on rent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭finky1

rent was 4 million over 5 years

rent was 4 million over 5 years

Where did you get that from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Rent was over 800k a month before the terms were changed

Rent was over 800k a month before the terms were changed

Thats €9.6 million per annum. LOL
    If your going to pluck figures from the sky at least make it convincing

athlonelad wrote: »
    Thats €9.6 million per annum. LOL
    If your going to pluck figures from the sky at least make it convincing

The figures were "plucked" from a profit and loss sheet;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,441 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Companies don't publish the rents they are paying for each individual premises in their P&L accounts, in most cases because that is insisted on by the landlord as part of the lease agreement.

If you saw a 'rent' number it would have been the sum of ALL rents they are paying for leased premises.

post it up here. I'll show you how to read it properly

athlonelad wrote: »
    post it up here. I'll show you how to read it properly

:rolleyes:

Advertisement