Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning car after dog

• 03-04-2013 8:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭

I'll probably post this in the motor forum too but just in case anyone had any suggestions....

I've had the dog in the back seats of my focus for the last year (albeit somewhat covered up with a hammock style yolk) but the hair is everywhere and there is dirt on the seats from paws and general messing about. Baby is going to have to in the back at some stage so she is destined for the boot and I want to get a good clean done on the thing.

can anyone recommend a good valet from experience? (I get more satisfaction from cleaning myself but my miele pet hoover just cant get into those gaps for all the hair!)

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

In Dublin, the Drury Street car park gave our car an excellent going over for Christmas, and it was dog hair central.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

If you need to get rid of fur on things in a hurry I can't recommend a damp marigold rubber glove highly enough. There is nothing like it for lifting fur off things,the static I think and you can get into nooks and crannies that vacuums just don't reach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

peteb2 wrote: »
    I'll probably post this in the motor forum too but just in case anyone had any suggestions....

I've had the dog in the back seats of my focus for the last year (albeit somewhat covered up with a hammock style yolk) but the hair is everywhere and there is dirt on the seats from paws and general messing about. Baby is going to have to in the back at some stage so she is destined for the boot and I want to get a good clean done on the thing.

can anyone recommend a good valet from experience? (I get more satisfaction from cleaning myself but my miele pet hoover just cant get into those gaps for all the hair!)

Thanks

Pete2b, I would recommend getting the professionals in! If you are in dublin there is a garage in goatstown that just do valets and car washing that are amazing! I got mine done there it was an absolute disgrace after 3 Labradors! They charged me €70/€80 but honestly it was money well spent! Honestly there is no way I could have done the same job, it literally looked brand new and no dyson could of done the job!

Advertisement