Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kid with pellet gun

• 03-04-2013 9:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

Was visiting my home house a couple of days ago when something that still has me annoyed.

I was driving up to my house when I saw my neighbours kid and another running out of our yard, he ran up to his mothers car and stood behind it, I stopped the car and looked at him and he shot the window with a pellet. I was livid but left it off as their was no damage and I thought if he got no gas he would just feck off.

I went back out to the car a few minutes later and saw one of the local dogs limping down the path, the two little creeps were calling the dog and the dog was running away from them, when it wouldn't come to them they then ran after it. At this point I lost it and got my phone out to ring the guards, but my mother asked me not to in case or would bring trouble to the door, I was trying to get her to see my point of view when out of the corner of my eye I see the two young fellas outside my wall holding listing to every word I was saying. I walked out and let a few roars asking them did they think it was funny to shoot other people's animals and they left dust behind them they ran so fast.

Now I am waiting to meet the mother, I am not living in the estate and I want to catch her outside where there will be witnesses because she is known to be a **** stirrer and I won't be having any of that. But my main worry is my animals, they are still living there for the time being while I have moved out until I get properly sorted. I am worried they may be targeted by these little cretins, my dog is never outside while unsupervised, my cats like to chill in our front garden and on the roof however and I am worried about them. Has anyone had any experience with dealing with the guards on a matter like this? If it does come to this I would prefer the guards to deal with it, I lost it when they shot someone else's animal so I certainly can't imagine what I would be like if it were mine. I would be expecting them to pay for x-rays and any other vet treatment that may be required. Should I ring the guards and just report it to them so they take a record of it that will be there if anything dies happen?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭westies4ever

absolutely ring the guards, the little ****s. im sure they'll soon be progressing to bigger and better deeds as well - cruelty to animals is deplorable. a visit from a local guard might nip it in the bud.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

absolutely ring the guards, the little ****s. im sure they'll soon be progressing to bigger and better deeds as well - cruelty to animals is deplorable. a visit from a local guard might nip it in the bud.

My thoughts exactly, will give them a buzz and see if the local guard is around.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

In your op, what window did they shoot with a pellet? Your car, or the mother's car?
    Either way, a licence is required for an air rifle, and it is against the law to discharge any weapon in a residential area. Kids cannot hold a gun licence, and if the gun is licenced, the holder of that licence is breaking the law by allowing kids to use the gun.
    If that gun was aimed at your window, it was aimed at you.
    Absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt, call the guards.

Edited: a BB gun does not need a licence, perhaps that's what they had, but they are still using it in a highly irresponsible and dangerous way. Get the guards!

DBB wrote: »
    In your op, what window did they shoot with a pellet? Your car, or the mother's car?
    Either way, a licence is required for an air rifle, and it is against the law to discharge any weapon in a residential area. Kids cannot hold a gun licence, and if the gun is licenced, the holder of that licence is breaking the law by allowing kids to use the gun.
    If that gun was aimed at your window, it was aimed at you.
    Absolutely, without any shadow of a doubt, call the guards.

Edited: a BB gun does not need a licence, perhaps that's what they had, but they are still using it in a highly irresponsible and dangerous way. Get the guards!

It was shot at the side window of my car, maybe they had a BB gun,I'm not sure as it was too far away to tell but there was it made a very loud cracking noise when it hit the window even being shot from a good 15 to 20 metres away.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    It was shot at the side window of my car, maybe they had a BB gun,I'm not sure as it was too far away to tell but there was it made a very loud cracking noise when it hit the window even being shot from a good 15 to 20 metres away.

Jeez! So they actually discharged the thing at you? I'd have their guts for garters, they had no way of knowing they wouldn't hit you! But I can understand your concern for your own dogs in this situation. But I wouldn't let that stop me getting the guards involved.

• Advertisement

DBB wrote: »
    Jeez! So they actually discharged the thing at you? I'd have their guts for garters, they had no way of knowing they wouldn't hit you! But I can understand your concern for your own dogs in this situation. But I wouldn't let that stop me getting the guards involved.

I have no problem getting the guards involved, its my mother, she doesnt want any trouble but I think it's better to nip it in the bud, if they get away with it then they are more likely to up the ante imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 253 ✭✭Pinklady11

Oh the poor dog. OP I really hope you report these children. I can assure you the guards take this sort of thing very seriously as I found out a couple of years ago when a child shot my son with a pellet gun. Left some very nasty bruises.

Do you know who owned the dog that was injured? Hope the poor thing is ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭misses with rifles

if it is an airsoft gun they are classed as real imitation firearms and their are fairly serious consequences for having/using them in public

Advertisement