Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Stafford Brisbane

Options
  • 03-04-2013 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭

Have an application pending for a duplex house in Stafford. Inspected the house today and looks like my application will be approved tomorrow from talking to the real estate this evening, they're just waiting for owners approval. House is bloody great value considering its a 4 bed, includes all beds and they are in great condition, includes a couch and fridge and all rooms have aircon. All for $400 a week.

Girlfriend, her friend and her brother come out in May and will be living with me. Oldest is 26 and youngest is 22. Anyone any thoughts on this area? There's a bus stop right beside the house and it has an express bus into the city so even non express I think it's about 20 mins to the city which is great.

But does anyone know much about the area? The house looks a little run down from the outside but looks nice on the inside. What's the suburb like? Should I be worried about my car? Is there much to do in the area? I currently live close to Carindale shopping centre. What would be the equivalent on the North side does anyone know?

Thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I had posted a response but deleted it because I realised that I was thinking of Strathpine and not Stafford for some reason. I'm not as familiar with Stafford, except for trips to Cinemas, Supermarket, Bunnings, Spotlight and Harvey Norman (latter three in Everton Park). Lots of services in the area, handy enough for the city. $400 sounds like decent money for that much space if it's not a kip or dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

ballooba wrote: »
    I had posted a response but deleted it because I realised that I was thinking of Strathpine and not Stafford for some reason. I'm not as familiar with Stafford, except for trips to Cinemas, Supermarket, Bunnings, Spotlight and Harvey Norman (latter three in Everton Park). Lots of services in the area, handy enough for the city. $400 sounds like decent money for that much space if it's not a kip or dangerous.

The house is across the road from Stafford City Shopping centre. The area looks ok. Seems quiet enough. But I guess the deal breaker for me is that all the rooms are large, all have aircon, whole house is tiled with no carpets and it looks clean, beds, couch, table, new fridge, washing machine are all included i personally dont own any of these apart from a bed. It's around the corner from the bus stop and it's a 15 min journey into the city. All for $400. You wouldn't get that normally for a 3 bed let alone a 4 bed. The bathroom doesn't have a stand alone shower which isn't fantastic but itd still clean and it doesn't have a garage. But for the price I couldn't really expect everything.

I'm really just trying to find the catch to it. Which I thought was the area but I googled a bit and don't seem to find anything wrong with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭paxo

irishmover wrote: »
    Have an application pending for a duplex house in Stafford. Inspected the house today and looks like my application will be approved tomorrow from talking to the real estate this evening, they're just waiting for owners approval. House is bloody great value considering its a 4 bed, includes all beds and they are in great condition, includes a couch and fridge and all rooms have aircon. All for $400 a week.

Girlfriend, her friend and her brother come out in May and will be living with me. Oldest is 26 and youngest is 22. Anyone any thoughts on this area? There's a bus stop right beside the house and it has an express bus into the city so even non express I think it's about 20 mins to the city which is great.

But does anyone know much about the area? The house looks a little run down from the outside but looks nice on the inside. What's the suburb like? Should I be worried about my car? Is there much to do in the area? I currently live close to Carindale shopping centre. What would be the equivalent on the North side does anyone know?

Thanks...

Hi
    Your nearest big shopping centre is Chermside it's about 3-4 klms away. stafford is a good area with a reasonable amounts of shops, gyms sporting clubs, etc in the area. If your into walking /jogging/cycling there is a bike path that runs along side Kedron Brooke, It on a direct bus route to the City
    $400 is good value for 4 bed rooms, furniture and air con
    Cheers
    Paxo

Cheers Paxo.

I got the house. Get the keys tomorrow! Yeh I didn't realize Chermside shopping centre was so close. It's only about a 10 min drive away which is great...

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭Nelson Muntz

I am just up the road in the Grange. Stafford is not a bad spot. The shopping center has everything you would need.

We find most places we want to go are within 10 k's so it is very well located.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 Youredeadright

It might be worth going onto the Brisbane City Council website and using their "pd online" service. You can start putting in your own and neighboring addresses and it'll tell you if there are planning applications pending. The reason I say it is because a mate of mine moved into a place for cheap rent and within about 3 months they started construction next door on an extension.

It might be worth going onto the Brisbane City Council website and using their "pd online" service. You can start putting in your own and neighboring addresses and it'll tell you if there are planning applications pending. The reason I say it is because a mate of mine moved into a place for cheap rent and within about 3 months they started construction next door on an extension.

Good point ill probably do that but I've met the neighbors and they're only after moving in upstairs in the house next to it and they said the tenants downstairs have been there a while. They also said people above me have been renting a while now aswell so I doubt there'll be any upgrades happening in either house. My unit was recently renovated. The entirety of inside and I think I'm the first tenant since. The people upstairs had there's renovated before they moved in.

I'll check for any pending planning permission though. Thanks for the heads up!

Advertisement