Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick to Tralee

• 03-04-2013 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

I know is probably the same either way but which is better way to go n67 or n21.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

eoin95 wrote: »
    I know is probably the same either way but which is better way to go n67 or n21.....

My wife swears by the N69, but she is from Foynes.

I have always travelled the N21, in my experience it's a much better road, especially now since all the upgrades in the last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TSW2014

Go via Adare, much better road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,279 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

N21 is much better imo, a lot more wide stretch of road for overtaking slow moving vehicles than the N69. Abbeyfeale to Tralee section is fairly new also and Castleisland is bypassed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭eoin95

Guess it'll be the n21.

Cheers

Unless its a Friday evening. N21 is a disaster then. Adare, NCW, Abbeyfeale all at a stand still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Prefer the N69 as it's scenic, but not a great road otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

The n21 is a far better road and it takes 1hr20min in the morning. 70 miles from castletroy. The only thing is when you get to Tralee on the n21 the traffic is a nightmare and may take you a half hour to get into the town center.Same in the evening.No matter what time of the day you go driving have never been in such a traffic congested town in Ireland:confused: The n69 took me nearly 2 hours. The n69 road has had a lot of work done to it in the last few months so the roads are good. But you will get stuck behind lorry's and school busses the whole way down. It will bring you to a different side of Tralee tho where the traffic isn't as bad and very handy to get to the I.T. Hope this will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭ainiseoir

eoin95 wrote: »

Limerick to Tralee would depend on which part of the town you're aiming for.
    Going the other way, to Shannon or Galway, the N69 puts you nicely on the way to the Tunnel.
    Heading for Dublin, N21 Adare and onwards Motorway.Dual carriageway.

Actually going to Limerick? Yerra sure we're all God's creatures.

Advertisement