Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexar 64GB Jumpdrive USB 3.0 - €31.34 Delivered [Amazon UK]

• 03-04-2013 11:51am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭

Good Price. First USB 3 i've seen that is this low. May be others, but i haven't seen them.

Lexar USB 3.0 64GB Jumpdrive - £24.99
    51tXedFLT1L._AA300_.jpg

Comments

so tempted to buy this

nice price but sandisk have there 64gb 3.0 ultra fast usb for 55 euro

always bought sandisk tho

EDIT damm you OP Bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

nice one, ordered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

Have the 32GB version of this. Generally write speed to it works out at about 32MB/s. My 16GB SANDisk USB writes at 11MB/s for me so was a big differnce

Here is a review of the 32GB model:
    http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Lexar/JumpDrive_S73_32_GB_USB3/1.html

The 64GB version would normally perform slightly faster.

Overall it would not be considered fast nowadays, but not dog slow and a decent price for 64GB capacity. If you are regularly copying very large files (eg HD movies) you may want to spend a little more to get something with a faster write speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Have this a while now. Bought it for about the same price on mymemory and it is grand. Good copy speeds.

It wont go on a keyring though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

so tempted to buy this

nice price but sandisk have there 64gb 3.0 ultra fast usb for 55 euro
    always bought sandisk tho

EDIT damm you OP Bought

Any link for that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

That's one of the fastest thumbdrives on the market. Literally 5x faster than the Lexar in the OP. Pretty much a budget SSD in thumbdrive form.

Of course, unless you've got an SSD in your computer, or a RAID array you won't actually be able to max the thumbdrive in either read or write. Pretty crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

That Sandisk (32GB version) USB 3.0 is on Ebay from mymemory at the minute for €29.45 + €3.48 shipping.

EBAY LINK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

those bastards amazon, I bought the 32gb version of that the other day and I see its lower price now

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭chris2286

whats like for streaming movies if ya plug it into a tv that has a usb connection cause im after gettin these 64 gb toshiba sticks and they dont play everything even if ya convert the file first it still wont play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

chris2286 wrote: »
    whats like for streaming movies if ya plug it into a tv that has a usb connection cause im after gettin these 64 gb toshiba sticks and they dont play everything even if ya convert the file first it still wont play

The movies need to be in the correct codec.
    Find out what the TV can play (MP4, AVI, MKV etc.)

It get's messier than that, because they are containers...... aahh...

Download Handbrake or a Video Converter and convert the ones that don't play into the same format as one that does.
    You may get more information HERE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

That's one of the fastest thumbdrives on the market. Literally 5x faster than the Lexar in the OP. Pretty much a budget SSD in thumbdrive form.

Of course, unless you've got an SSD in your computer, or a RAID array you won't actually be able to max the thumbdrive in either read or write. Pretty crazy.

Some more details here:

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/1994/3/

Good for storage purpose (extra disk for laptop ie.) if you have USB3. Definitely not basic hard drive because read-modify-write cycle limitation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭Pique

Allyall wrote: »
    That Sandisk (32GB version) USB 3.0 is on Ebay from mymemory at the minute for €29.45 + €3.48 shipping.

EBAY LINK

or you can get it from the MyMemory site for £26.96 + £2.95 (I think) shipping.
    http://www.mymemory.co.uk/USB-Flash-Drives/SanDisk/SanDisk-32GB-Cruzer-Extreme-USB-3.0-Flash-Drive-190-MB_s---Includes-SecureAccess-Software

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Yeah, the 64GB comes out at €29.35 incl. delivery from my memory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Ruubot2 wrote: »
    Yeah, the 64GB comes out at €29.35 incl. delivery from my memory.

Hi would you have a link for that price as can't find it, thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭chris2286

Allyall wrote: »
    The movies need to be in the correct codec.
    Find out what the TV can play (MP4, AVI, MKV etc.)

It get's messier than that, because they are containers...... aahh...

Download Handbrake or a Video Converter and convert the ones that don't play into the same format as one that does.
    You may get more information HERE

This is the answer I keep getting but I have a 4gb TDK also and it works no problem with every movie type without converting and it was never formatted so it has to be the 64gb toshiba and i know its not faulty as i bought these in bulk and all are the same

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

chris2286 wrote: »

It's probably your telly is the problem.

A lot of devices can't read/access drives greater than 8gb or 16gb, maybe up to 32gb.
    I found out our portable dvd player can only take 8gb after buying a lovely 32gb for holidays! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

Soarer wrote: »
    It's probably your telly is the problem.

A lot of devices can't read/access drives greater than 8gb or 16gb, maybe up to 32gb.
    I found out our portable dvd player can only take 8gb after buying a lovely 32gb for holidays! :rolleyes:

Thanks for pointing that out as that is why I was going to get one :(

Advertisement