Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie advice

Options
  • 03-04-2013 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I,m so excited ! bought an old transit camper and the wife, 4 year old girl and myself are going to have our first overnite somewhere to test the water so to speak.Then the following week all things going smooth we would love to travel for a few nights around west cork/kerry.

I,m looking for advice on all of it but especially first trial nite.We live in wicklow so somewhere a bit away.I thought of parsons green as looks good for childer and if it rains we could go to mitchellstown caves ?

Second trip the better half would like to visit kinsale etc.I was thinking a normal campsite with the facilities and then alternate with wild camping in between for a campfire seaview etc ?

I would welcome any suggestions to make this go smooth as the ladies in my life like there creature comforts and entertainment while i am happy in a field somewhere.

Cheers all,
    Stan
    Full-11288293.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

Welcome to the "club"

Might sound like a silly idea......how about overnighting in the van at your house. By doing this, if something doesnt work out or you "forget to bring something" then easy fix. Second night, then head to a site

• Registered Users Posts: 26 stan07

Malta1 wrote: »
    Welcome to the "club"

Might sound like a silly idea......how about overnighting in the van at your house. By doing this, if something doesnt work out or you "forget to bring something" then easy fix. Second night, then head to a site
    Cheers .I had thought of that but don,t think it will wash.It has taken some time to convince others to do it .There has to be a pay off for sleeping in it either a view etc

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭bugsntinas

if ya don't mind me asking how old is the tansit?

bugsntinas wrote: »
    if ya don't mind me asking how old is the tansit?
    No bother its 1985 mk2 transit hi roof lwb with a 2.5 banana.

sounds sweet got any pics?i'm into the mk2's meself i have awaiting resto a swb camper,a lwb minibus and an ambulance.

• Advertisement

sounds sweet got any pics?i'm into the mk2's meself i have awaiting resto a swb camper,a lwb minibus and an ambulance.
    Sounds like your a gluton for punishment with that fleet waiting resto !
    I did try to upload some pics but didnt manage it.I will have a look and try again for you.

Full-11288293.jpg
    Full-11288296.jpg
    Full-11288299.jpg
    Full-11288300.jpg
    Full-11288302.jpg

can't see them bt i can imagine her.are you a member on any of the uk transit sites?

Yes on mk1 and 2 transit site uk.
    Went on our maiden voyage Tuesday nite. Shakedown in hidden valley Rathdrum . Very nice site , great facilities and perfect for first outing. All went well . 4 year old was soo excited she took ages to go asleep. Everything worked well but will take DVD player next week on trip to cork. I am thrilled with the freedom it gives and roll on many more trips in warmer weather. Stan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Looks sweet, whoever put it on donedeal did a super job of getting it ready and photographing it. Amazing how many people can't be arseb.

Full-11288293.jpg

http://s306.photobucket.com/user/stanallen_2008/media/camper/Full-11288293.jpg.html

• Advertisement

ah you must be stan then.i'm on the site too as irishtransit.she's definately a nice looking van.if you're ever up mallow.cork way you'll have to say hi.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

Even though we love the area, we've found West Cork very unfriendly for motorhomes. There seems to be a height barrier in every place you may want to pull in for a quick stop.
    One place that does come to mind is the car park at Tragumna beach, not too far from Skibereen. Its right at the beach edge, with lovely views out into the bay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

kelbal wrote: »
    Even though we love the area, we've found West Cork very unfriendly for motorhomes. There seems to be a height barrier in every place you may want to pull in for a quick stop.
    One place that does come to mind is the car park at Tragumna beach, not too far from Skibereen. Its right at the beach edge, with lovely views out into the bay.

Shh damn you :p

ah you must be stan then.i'm on the site too as irishtransit.she's definately a nice looking van.if you're ever up mallow.cork way you'll have to say hi.

That's me! Should be down cork way next week but weather does,nt look good ! We, ll see how it goes . I did promise little one we would go to fota island !

Advertisement