Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Move to England

Options
  • 03-04-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Hey all, was just looking to get some advice if possible. I'm 19, and in the first year of a college course that I'm no longer into. I'm pretty fed up with it at this stage and am interested in heading over the water to England, possibly to either Manchester or Liverpool. The reasons for this being that they seem like places with good vibes and a buzz about them (and lets face it, I don't want to settle down or stay anywhere too stable at age nineteen). Also, while they are still huge places, cost of living and rent seems a lot cheaper there than in London or other areas of the south. Any advice or help regarding areas or what to do or how to actually make the move over would be massively appreciated, cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭Mahogany

Englands a great place, but what I would say to you is choose wisely, every city is very different.

Cost of living may be more in the south, but wages are better, it's all relative.

What are your interests? This should influence your decision.

From my experience, people up north tend to be quite friendlier, and towns/cities have more of a "neighbourly feel" to them. Is weather a factor for you? the North is pretty much as ****ty as here, bit drier and warmer down south.

I'm also 19 and thinking of going too :)

Advertisement