Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hop up nub

• 03-04-2013 1:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, so I was trying out a new g&g green hop up rubber and I managed to lose my nub. Just wondering if having no nub will reduce my fps by much and will having no nub reduce the effectiveness of the hop up.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,439 ✭✭✭✭thermo

no nub fitted should not effect fps*, but you will not have an effective hop up adjustment.

*with the hop up off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Hi lads, so I was trying out a new g&g green hop up rubber and I managed to lose my nub. Just wondering if having no nub will reduce my fps by much and will having no nub reduce the effectiveness of the hop up.
    Thanks

Will do nothing to the fps (I'd imagine), but will drastically effect your hop as you can no longer adjust the hop, or fix it it position, just order some h-nubd from either mwairsoft or airsoftguns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Untamedlemon

Thanks lads really appreciate it ill get some h-nubs soon.
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Thanks lads really appreciate it ill get some h-nubs soon.
    Thanks

Just on a note on the H-nub. I got a pack of SHS H-nubs and found no real difference over any other decent standard nub, especially the original G&G green bucking and nub. I still run my H-nub in my M4 but I've modded so it makes better contact with the BB and once I get it set before games it's highly accurate but range wise it does little over the old nub. For the price you can't go wrong so if you want to experiment it probably won't do any harm but just some first hand experience for you, food for thought and all that :P:)

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭brianmax88

Hi i just stumbled onto airsoft the otherday while browsing online and i cant believe ive never heard of it before it something im definitly interested in. Im just wondering where is the best place to go for a newbie to learn how to play??

• Advertisement

brianmax88 wrote: »
    Hi i just stumbled onto airsoft the otherday while browsing online and i cant believe ive never heard of it before it something im definitly interested in. Im just wondering where is the best place to go for a newbie to learn how to play??

Hi welcome to airsoft firstly.
    you want to start here though:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=830

what you're doing now is thread jacking (using someone's elses thread to ask your own question) and isn't allowed, head to that link and head into which ever sub category you're looking for (read forum rules first especially if you're looking to buy or sell in the adverts section). There are many different places to play all over the country so best to find your closest using the airsoft Site forum and then renting a gun for the day, get some friends together and have some fun.

Hope it helps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The nub is used to add mass to the hop arm, whilst still having enough cushion to avoid jamming. You want the nub to be hard, and the hop up rubber to be soft. Without the nub you will not get lift - you don't have to buy a nub though; just cut one out from the ink-tube of a Bic pen and you're sorted! One of the best nubs on the market!

On a side note products like the H-nub is not about gaining range, but rather consistency - it is to help keep the BB centered and to impart equal spin. It is to reduce the instances of flyers. Of course other products do it better, just not as cheaply. Something worth looking into is the SCS (Shredders Concave Spacer) as it is better shaped to the BB, and keeps it even more centered.

Where abouts are you located? If you don't want to go the Bic route, I've a rake load of hop nubs here in the parts bin

Inari wrote: »
    The nub is used to add mass to the hop arm, whilst still having enough cushion to avoid jamming. You want the nub to be hard, and the hop up rubber to be soft. Without the nub you will not get lift - you don't have to buy a nub though; just cut one out from the ink-tube of a Bic pen and you're sorted! One of the best nubs on the market!

On a side note products like the H-nub is not about gaining range, but rather consistency - it is to help keep the BB centered and to impart equal spin. It is to reduce the instances of flyers. Of course other products do it better, just not as cheaply. Something worth looking into is the SCS (Shredders Concave Spacer) as it is better shaped to the BB, and keeps it even more centered.

Where abouts are you located? If you don't want to go the Bic route, I've a rake load of hop nubs here in the parts bin

Hi Inari, thanks for that mate always a great help. I've already ordered some h-nubs from mwairsoft but thanks for the offer.....if only I'd seen your offer earlier I could've saved ~€8 as I'm located in dublin and would only have been a short drive away...those h-nubs are way too dear for what they are!! Anyway thanks lads for all the great help and DIY advise.
    Regards, Gearoid

I could be wrong and just thinking of this because i go there a lot but I'm pretty sure I got a pack of H-nubs from Hobby, and mine were definitely less than a fiver for 2 nubs. Kev mentioned the SCS by Shredder but i also found out about them after i put my H nub in, but still :)

T4RGET wrote: »
    I could be wrong and just thinking of this because i go there a lot but I'm pretty sure I got a pack of H-nubs from Hobby, and mine were definitely less than a fiver for 2 nubs. Kev mentioned the SCS by Shredder but i also found out about them after i put my H nub in, but still :)

No I'd say your right. I bought two sets of 2 nubs for €8. I thaught considering that I had never bought nubs previously that €4 for 2 was too dear......but obviously that's normal.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement