Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Red Cross Dublin Unit

• 03-04-2013 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Could anyone here tell me what Unit in Dublin has best vehicle / equipment

Or alternatively

Are there any new Units that have been set up who could do with an experienced EMT

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Whilst most units will be welcoming you may want to rethink your approach as to why you are volunteering. Is it just to be seen out and about in the 'best vehicle'

A unit might be reluctant to invest time and money in you and then when you see a a unit with a newer asset you're gone for dust.

Hopefully that isn't the case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Well I don't know how it works elsewhere but within Dublin, there's no "unit with the best vehicles/equipment" as the ambulances are shared between the units.

Any unit would be happy with a new EMT, most units have similar equipment/training.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭ems_medic

Thanks bobby thats all I needed to know.

@limericklad if i was joining a unit for just the best equipment i wouldnt have asked if theres any new units who could do with an emt

Anyways, am thinking either Blanchardstown, Finglas, Santry or Drumcondra anyone any recommendations?

Advertisement