Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upc bill question

Options
  • 03-04-2013 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭

Ok just a quick question folks. To cut a long story short, my services were suspened on the 28th of feb as I was away for a few months so I owed them 2 months bills which amounts to 90 odd euro, but after them suspending my services they bill me for the whole of march which amounts to another 45 euro on top of my 90 I already owe. So what I want to know is how can they bill me for a service that I did not recieve in the month of March?? Ive emailed them twice on the matter but havent got a reply as of yet.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Unless you requested in advance that you wanted it stopped during that period, you were still within contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

MarkR wrote: »
    Unless you requested in advance that you wanted it stopped during that period, you were still within contract?

Thanks for the swift reply. No I didn't ask for it to be stopped. I have no issue paying for the 2 months when I received a service but will find it hard to pay for March's bill as I was disconnected at that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i used to pay upc at the end of the month for that month, now its at the end of the month for the next month. maybe they charging you in advance now too?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Yes they can. They were still providing you a service(it just had a barring on it, not actually ceased) albiet it was suspended as per there terms and conditions. Unless you specifically requested them to cancel the service and gave them the 30 day notice (I think UPC require this??) I'm afraid you would be liable to pay.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You are still in contract, albeit with suspended services, so therefore you are still liable for the monthly charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Ok thanks for the reply folks guess ill have to pay up.

Advertisement