Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

kn wrote: »
    Late night bars have now taken over that scene. It makes commercial sense in fairness. You cannot justify the rent/rates on a standalone nightclub that trades for a handful of hours every week.

Absolutely.

Sorry to disappoint, Stringfellows won't be opening in Tralee in the foreseeable future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

Another newcomer to the JOY that is MJ's :o Omg it's so good, can't believe I never went there, if it wasn't for ye I'd never have tried it :) Had burger, chips and chicken and it was all so good, great price and great service, didn't expect to get table service in there and the guy serving us came back and asked how everything was, I thought it would be much more serve 'em quick and get 'em out the door than that.

Already planning what to have next weekend there, milkshake this time! :o:)

In the interest of balance, I have no plans to go to Rocky Mountain.

Oh and also, Yummy Cafe is quite good, again reasonably priced, love the decor, good system going there, will go back again when it's not mobbed at lunchtime (good complaint!)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

A good while ago now. John Buggys gigs on Thursday night are legendary at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Timmy!!!

Was in Mjs last night unreal!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Timmy!!! wrote: »
    Was in Mjs last night unreal!!!

Nice one Timmy. Welcome to boards.

Tks

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I didn't realise they had re-opened. I just spotted they now have a twitter account @RoundysTralee

The town seems very busy today, which is great! A week before the festival and plenty in the town centre shopping! Lets hope we have some good weather to go along with the festival! I am hoping to go see Fred on the Sat night in the Square and The STunning Sunday night in Denny St.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Anymore info on the Spirals reunion night that's on during the festival?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Wherever you see posters for the Bon Jovee nite, it's a double header, the band & then the spirals disco afterwards. Tickets available at Horans fruit & veg, possibly their health shops also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I payed a visit to that new pub 'The Barge' over the weekend, all was going ok until I noticed the nautical theme lamps on the walls, they had both port and starboard lights on both sides !!!!

I slowly put down my drink and left and sure as hell won't be returning until this is sorted out !

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Please tell me it's on in the gym !

kingdumb wrote: »
    I payed a visit to that new pub 'The Barge' over the weekend, all was going ok until I noticed the nautical theme lamps on the walls, they had both port and starboard lights on both sides !!!!

I slowly put down my drink and left and sure as hell won't be returning until this is sorted out !

Shocking, even moreso knowing that Tony was a seascout!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Lelantos wrote: »
    Shocking, even moreso knowing that Tony was a seascout!

Brian Daly would be very upset at such a schoolboy error!

Tralee has nothing for tourist is the evening apart from drinking and trad music.I feel sorry for them pacing the streets at night with only focus open for them to visit. Killarney has it all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Tralee has nothing for tourist is the evening apart from drinking and trad music.I feel sorry for them pacing the streets at night with only focus open for them to visit. Killarney has it all

Good man, thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

And on that note....

(Mods, feel free to move, I guess this is the most appropriate place to put this though!)
    1001083_701134706583786_1656101949_n.jpg

Scylla "Nascency" album launch.
    Black Metal from Kerry
    https://www.facebook.com/scylla.irl

With support from:

Dark_Matter - Instrumental Post-Metal from Limerick
    http://www.darkmatterireland.com
    http://www.facebook.com/darkmatterireland

Destrossat - Instrumental Post-Rock from Kerry
    https://www.facebook.com/Destrossat

Sonic Death Monkey - Hardcore from Tralee
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Death-Monkey/114131292009181

Damaged Goods - Alternative Rock from Kerry
    https://www.facebook.com/BandDamagedGoods

Saturday 10th August
    The Greyhound Bar, Pembroke Street, Tralee
    Admission: FREE
    ALL AGES EVENT
    Doors 5pm

Presented by Hear The Noise Promotions
    https://www.facebook.com/HearTheNoisePromotions

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

good to see that the old Cahill's pharmacy on Castle St. got a lick of paint this week, as well as the name painted over!
    The festival lights were on last night for testing! It was looking good :)

Are the Birds amusements going to be in the Tesco & Brandon carparks again this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

Gonna be hard to see how birds will pack up from puck fair which finishes on Monday and the rose of tralee is starting on weds and be set up by then

geewhizz wrote: »
    Gonna be hard to see how birds will pack up from puck fair which finishes on Monday and the rose of tralee is starting on weds and be set up by then

Not all the rides go to Puck. Some of them are in the st johns athletic back field already to be assembled. The ones in Puck wouldn't take too long to assemble & disassemble I would think.

• Advertisement

Not all the rides go to Puck. Some of them are in the st johns athletic back field already to be assembled. The ones in Puck wouldn't take too long to assemble & disassemble I would think.

are they going in across from The Carlton again??

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    are they going in across from The Carlton again??

I don't know. They may just be storing them there until it's time to erect them in the carparks would be my guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Back in Tralee for the holidays and The Rose Festival

Looking forward to great weather too.!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I don't know. They may just be storing them there until it's time to erect them in the carparks would be my guess

Bloody hope it is not going back there, now to be fair I don't really go to the bazaar (what we used to call it) but it kept the crowd contained rather than having half at the rides down by fels point and the other half pottering around the town, least down the brandon you could go down there for a bit and mosey back up town after then etc...

I hope so!! it would be a disaster if its back up by Fels point!

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I hope so!! it would be a disaster if its back up by Fels point!

If anyone is walking by the new Costa Coffee shop tomorrow ;) they have 6' tall posters in the windows advertising the entire line up & places where the activities are taking place. I'm guessing it will also say where Birds are to be situated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

When will the amusements be starting up?

If anyone is walking by the new Costa Coffee shop tomorrow ;) they have 6' tall posters in the windows advertising the entire line up & places where the activities are taking place. I'm guessing it will also say where Birds are to be situated.

I noticed today that the posters have fallen down in one of the windows!! ;)

When will the amusements be starting up?

it says in the events guide that its from Wednesday 14th!....and in the town centre
    (I should have looked at it first!) lol :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Usually few days before or day festival starts. I remember it be near brandon hotel at the carpark i think?

Since when was a new costa coffee shop open in tralee? Where is it located? It been a while since i were in the town.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement