Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

doovdela wrote: »
    Usually few days before or day festival starts. I remember it be near brandon hotel at the carpark i think?

Since when was a new costa coffee shop open in tralee? Where is it located? It been a while since i were in the town.

Costa isn't open yet. It is to open in where Micko's was beside AWear, but no sign of it opening yet. Probably another few months.

The amusements will be in the Tesco & Brandon carpark & on the Ivy Terrace road.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

I was hoping for a minute that I might get to go on some this weekend while I'm in Tralee :o Ah well!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I was hoping for a minute that I might get to go on some this weekend while I'm in Tralee :o Ah well!

no sign of them going up today. They might start going up Sunday or Monday.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    no sign of them going up today. They might start going up Sunday or Monday.

Fingers crossed!! A go on the Waltzers would do me the world of good! Oh wait I've just realised I got to go on them last year, that's no so bad so, I thought it was years ago :p

Fingers crossed!! A go on the Waltzers would do me the world of good! Oh wait I've just realised I got to go on them last year, that's no so bad so, I thought it was years ago :p

no waltzers for me, the one ride that used to make me sick..... uggghhh :(

• Advertisement

no waltzers for me, the one ride that used to make me sick..... uggghhh :(

BEST ever start to a night out...onto the waltzers, then up to Ruairi's for shots, that was a good idea I have to say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

No sign to say when costa open? Delighted they will love going to it.

No ad for jobs for it or has that been and gone? Keep us posted!

Were there a lot of applicants for dealz?

Hope ye enjoy the rose festival. I look forward to it! :)

anyone going to see the Stunning on Sunday night?? ;)

BEST ever start to a night out...onto the waltzers, then up to Ruairi's for shots, that was a good idea I have to say :)

It be worse if it other way around! :p

I can get afraid of heights and woozy from amusements so i go for ones that wont make me wobble or woozy like bouncy castle might!

I saw ad for them somewhere was it in kerryman? They seem cool to go to see. Are bonjovi tribute be around for fest i hear jls will be?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Yep, one of the few reasons for me to venture outside my door over the festival

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Its 10 quid to watch the Stunning, I might just stand at the top of Denny Street and listen for free! 17.50 for JLS as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

unkymo wrote: »
    Its 10 quid to watch the Stunning, I might just stand at the top of Denny Street and listen for free! 17.50 for JLS as well.

I didn't know that. Thought it was a free concert.

Someone's going to make a tidy profit out of this festival I would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

I got a leaflet through the door today with the line up of events and there the only 2 that are charging.

The Bon Jovi tribute band are playing in the Brandon Hotel on the 18 August, 15 euro to get in.
    https://www.facebook.com/Bon.Jovee.Ireland?hc_location=timeline

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

Bon jovee aka midnight cafe wanna be a sado to pay to see them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

geewhizz wrote: »

Bon jovi the original band must be one of the worst half arsed 'rock' bands of all time, god they are brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

doovdela wrote: »

Were there a lot of applicants for dealz?

There's been a bit of controversy over Dealz recruitment practices. They held an open interviewing day in the Brandon and left people there all day waiting. They did not seem to interview people in any order and people who were there early were still there late in the afternoon. Many just left. It all got an airing on Radio Kerry and Dealz have apologised. Going by the numbers given out on the radio it did not seem as if there were that many going for the jobs going i.e. only 2/3 applicants per vacancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

There is a thread for gigs in Kerry you might might want to post it there too
    roast wrote: »
    And on that note....

(Mods, feel free to move, I guess this is the most appropriate place to put this though!)
    1001083_701134706583786_1656101949_n.jpg

Scylla "Nascency" album launch.
    Black Metal from Kerry
    https://www.facebook.com/scylla.irl

With support from:

Dark_Matter - Instrumental Post-Metal from Limerick
    http://www.darkmatterireland.com
    http://www.facebook.com/darkmatterireland

Destrossat - Instrumental Post-Rock from Kerry
    https://www.facebook.com/Destrossat

Sonic Death Monkey - Hardcore from Tralee
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sonic-Death-Monkey/114131292009181

Damaged Goods - Alternative Rock from Kerry
    https://www.facebook.com/BandDamagedGoods

Saturday 10th August
    The Greyhound Bar, Pembroke Street, Tralee
    Admission: FREE
    ALL AGES EVENT
    Doors 5pm

Presented by Hear The Noise Promotions
    https://www.facebook.com/HearTheNoisePromotions

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Why don't you do what I do, grab a bag of cans and head out to the quay in Blennervile, where the Hair Rock vibes of Bon Jovee can often be heard floating on the breeze of an evening.
    geewhizz wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4 anriocht

Hi all,

I frequently visit the forum but this is my first time posting . I have been reading the posts about the Rose of Tralee and felt I needed to voice my opinions.

Firstly I would like to point out that the Rose of Tralee Festival is one of the only positive things going for this town . Every sector benefits from the Festival from hotels, restaurants , bars, hair dressers, and shops. It is a huge injection of capital into the town and needs to be supported.

I see Killarney are jumping on the bandwagon and hope to get a spin off from our Festival next year by running the Killarney races to coincide with the Festival dates. Killarney would only love to have such a festival . They would appreciate it, value it and realise how much it brings into the local economy.

It always baffles me that the people of the town don't support it enough and in particular expect freebies for everything. €10 to see The Stunning is not expensive yet we seem to have the attitude that everything should be free. €10 would hardly buy lunch for you in one of the many eateries that are always spoken about on boards. As the old saying goes there is no such thing as a free lunch.

As a local I feel we need to support our Festival, be proud of our town and acknowledge the positives in Tralee.

Rant over. Lets hope it is a huge success.

• Advertisement

Lelantos wrote: »
    I didn't know that. Thought it was a free concert.

Someone's going to make a tidy profit out of this festival I would think.

yeah, I wasn't too happy to hear it was going to cost €10 to literally pass a barrier in Denny St! Stand at Paddy Macs with a drink & hear them for free! I've seen the Stunning live about 3 times, all excellent gigs. They are on at 11pm, but Walking on Cars are on early, as well as Picturehouse and Ryan Sheridan, so its €10 for the lot, which isn't too bad. I guess its more crowd control issues, but I remember when Westlife played it was ticket only, but they were free! And when James Brown played it was totally free and not tickets needed. That was probably the best act I remember play for the festival! Unreal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Congratulations to one of the finest ladies who hails from Tralee.

The stunning AnneMarie O'Leary won Best Dressed Lady at the Horse Show in the RDS and did Tralee proud in her interview on RTE News ,yesterday.

AnneMarie is married to Jonathan Blennerhassett who is also a Tralee native. This was a double celebration this Summer for this wonderful couple who became parents,when baby Sam arrived 2 months ago.

:)

anriocht wrote: »
    Hi all,

I frequently visit the forum but this is my first time posting . I have been reading the posts about the Rose of Tralee and felt I needed to voice my opinions.

Firstly I would like to point out that the Rose of Tralee Festival is one of the only positive things going for this town . Every sector benefits from the Festival from hotels, restaurants , bars, hair dressers, and shops. It is a huge injection of capital into the town and needs to be supported.

I see Killarney are jumping on the bandwagon and hope to get a spin off from our Festival next year by running the Killarney races to coincide with the Festival dates. Killarney would only love to have such a festival . They would appreciate it, value it and realise how much it brings into the local economy.

It always baffles me that the people of the town don't support it enough and in particular expect freebies for everything. €10 to see The Stunning is not expensive yet we seem to have the attitude that everything should be free. €10 would hardly buy lunch for you in one of the many eateries that are always spoken about on boards. As the old saying goes there is no such thing as a free lunch.

As a local I feel we need to support our Festival, be proud of our town and acknowledge the positives in Tralee.

Welcome to Boards

Thank you sincerely for your wonderful post.

Agree wholeheartedly with your comments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

anriocht wrote: »
    Hi all,

HERE HERE!!!! Positivity is a great thing!!!

M&S have anounced the closure of four stores, and the proposed opening of a flagship store in Limerick.

Any chance of a M&S store for Tralee has well and truly gone up in flames.

I guess the Town Councillors who voted , twice , against the proposed opening must have nightmares every night? Gombeens shot Tralee in both feet!

The Kute Killarney folk did not waste any time in offering M&S a suitable location. M&S has been a major success in Killarney,in a retail centre on the outskirts of town!!!!!

If the people of Tralee don't get themselves in gear for what could be the biggest Rose of Tralee festival ever, they may find themselves travelling to Killarney in the future to coincide with The Killarney Festival Races.

Come on Tralee, wake up, give it your best this year :)

yeah, I wasn't too happy to hear it was going to cost €10 to literally pass a barrier in Denny St! Stand at Paddy Macs with a drink & hear them for free! I've seen the Stunning live about 3 times, all excellent gigs. They are on at 11pm, but Walking on Cars are on early, as well as Picturehouse and Ryan Sheridan, so its €10 for the lot, which isn't too bad. I guess its more crowd control issues, but I remember when Westlife played it was ticket only, but they were free! And when James Brown played it was totally free and not tickets needed. That was probably the best act I remember play for the festival! Unreal!

That is great value , 4 live acts for €10 !

Congratulations to one of the finest ladies who hails from Tralee.

The stunning AnneMarie O'Leary won Best Dressed Lady at the Horse Show in the RDS and did Tralee proud in her interview on RTE News ,yesterday.

AnneMarie is married to Jonathan Blennerhassett who is also a Tralee native. This was a double celebration this Summer for this wonderful couple who became parents,when baby Sam arrived 2 months ago.

I know Annmarie, she's a lovely lady! Always looks immaculate. Well done to her :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

I know Annmarie, she's a lovely lady! Always looks immaculate. Well done to her :)

The news named her as Blennerhassett - her maiden name?

Edit: I see that del has answered my question.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

M&S have anounced the closure of four stores, and the proposed opening of a flagship store in Limerick.

Any chance of a M&S store for Tralee has well and truly gone up in flames.

I guess the Town Councillors who voted , twice , against the proposed opening must have nightmares every night? Gombeens shot Tralee in both feet!

The Kute Killarney folk did not waste any time in offering M&S a suitable location. M&S has been a major success in Killarney,in a retail centre on the outskirts of town!!!!!

If the people of Tralee don't get themselves in gear for what could be the biggest Rose of Tralee festival ever, they may find themselves travelling to Killarney in the future to coincide with The Killarney Festival Races.

Come on Tralee, wake up, give it your best this year :)

Just an opinion from a non Tralee person, but if you had M&S in Manor the Town Centre would be tumbleweeded except for euro/pound shops. By rejecting M&S some councillors fought to save the Town

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

newman10 wrote: »
    if you had M&S in Manor the Town Centre would be tumbleweeded except for euro/pound shops.

Killarney town cerntre hasn't been adversely affected by the little M&S shop in Deerpark.

Incidenlty the Boots in Deerpark actually sell prescription drugs in contrast to the Boots in Tralee town centre which does not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement