Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

xxyyzz wrote: »
    The existing one will probably just be a fish shop then.

no, Micko's is going to be Costa Coffee (as we have mentioned a few times now). There is seating in Quinlan's fish, they have put in way more than there was when they first opened. Quinlan's are behind Costa Coffee opening in Micko's!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

got a box in the face tonight, wallet and phone robbed, was just after leaving the abbey inn,herself got knocked on the ground and cut her elbow. guards called. 10 minutes to walk 200 yards and no word of a lie, they said shur tis wholesale around here our own fault for walking up that way more or less, first time home in a while, and a long time before we go out in that scumbag town again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

got a box in the face tonight, wallet and phone robbed, was just after leaving the abbey inn,herself got knocked on the ground and cut her elbow. guards called. 10 minutes to walk 200 yards and no word of a lie, they said shur tis wholesale around here our own fault for walking up that way more or less, first time home in a while, and a long time before we go out in that scumbag town again.

So sorry to read about your experience tonight. Hope you are both OK

Sincerely,

Del:)

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭puzzle factory

So sorry to read about your experience tonight. Hope you are both OK

Sincerely,

Del:)

thanks del, could happen anywhere as herself keeps harping on about but jasus twas the gardai attitude that really got to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

I am very sorry to hear your return home ended so badly.
    Any idea who the barstewards were? Did the cameras from the abbey catch anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

thanks del, could happen anywhere as herself keeps harping on about but jasus twas the gardai attitude that really got to me...

I find that is the typical attitude by the Gardai when it comes to something like that,a similar thing happened to a friend of mine a few months back and they more or less said it was his own fault,he was going towards the square at the time,Got phone robbed and wallet as well.

You would think if this happen regularly in a certain area the Gardai would keep an eye on the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 59,613 ✭✭✭✭namenotavailablE

An appalling thing to happen and a truly shockingly scandalous attitude from the guards. Wholly unacceptable to allow that sort of activity pass without a modicum of effort on their part to "be seen to do at least something" following an assault.
    I don't know where a complaint should be addressed but I'd suggest a written complaint wouldn't go amiss to the Garda Ombudsman.

An appalling thing to happen and a truly shockingly scandalous attitude from the guards. Wholly unacceptable to allow that sort of activity pass without a modicum of effort on their part to "be seen to do at least something" following an assault.
    I don't know where a complaint should be addressed but I'd suggest a written complaint wouldn't go amiss to the Garda Ombudsman.

Fair point.
    May I suggest however first raising the matter with the Duty Sargent , or Superintendent.
    From personal experience, I must say that I have always found the Gardai in Tralee to be extremely courteous and helpful.

I find that is the typical attitude by the Gardai when it comes to something like that,a similar thing happened to a friend of mine a few months back and they more or less said it was his own fault,he was going towards the square at the time,Got phone robbed and wallet as well.

You would think if this happen regularly in a certain area the Gardai would keep an eye on the place.

I thought the Gardai had CCTV on the Town Centre streets???:confused:

I thought the Gardai had CCTV on the Town Centre streets???:confused:

Ya but sometimes you have to wonder is there anyone looking at the CCTV footage in the barracks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

There's a sign on Benner's Hotel door and all ! :)

that notice seems to have been removed, couldn't see it there today when I passed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Thats desperate puzzle factory, I feel your pain (both mentally and physically), was knocked out by a rather friendly portugese bouncer last week while on holidays, completely un-justified, if I deserved it I'd say something but I did nothing.

If you think Gardai are bad, Portugese policia are without a doubt the most useless shower of mogs I have ever seen or met. And I wont even go into the whole A&E debocle, but your GF is right it goes to show that it can happen anywhere, unfortunately.

Thats desperate puzzle factory, I feel your pain (both mentally and physically), was knocked out by a rather friendly portugese bouncer last week while on holidays, completely un-justified, if I deserved it I'd say something but I did nothing.

If you think Gardai are bad, Portugese policia are without a doubt the most useless shower of mogs I have ever seen or met. And I wont even go into the whole A&E debocle, but your GF is right it goes to show that it can happen anywhere, unfortunately.

Ouch!
    Sorry to hear about that man.

Apart from the unfortunate incident, I hope you enjoyed the hols.

Sincerely

Del

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

What happened out fenit direction today del. a lot of emergency vehicles headed out that way around 8 pm.

What happened out fenit direction today del. a lot of emergency vehicles headed out that way around 8 pm.

Sorry, not aware of anything :confused:

Sorry, not aware of anything :confused:

Yes there was 6 emergency units passed me fire, ambulance and Garda in the space of 5 mins I was on the road just outside mounthawk headed spa fenit direction.

Yes there was 6 emergency units passed me fire, ambulance and Garda in the space of 5 mins I was on the road just outside mounthawk headed spa fenit direction.

Wow! No idea sorry.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Hopefully just a drill for fenit pier!

Hopefully just a drill for fenit pier!

Best result. Lets hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

JD Wetherspoons are looking to open up 30 pubs in Ireland. I wonder if Tralee is on their horizon. There is no shortage of premises for them to consider if they are - the Old Oak and the one that was on Bridge St (forget the name) come to mind as suitable premises. Wetherspoons for the uninitiated are a UK chain that serve up a large range of beers plus they are cheap on the main one's. They also serve a food but have no music and only a limited range of pubs have sky sports etc.

They would shake up pricing in town if they did cast an eye over Tralee.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    JD Wetherspoons are looking to open up 30 pubs in Ireland. I wonder if Tralee is on their horizon. There is no shortage of premises for them to consider if they are - the Old Oak and the one that was on Bridge St (forget the name) come to mind as suitable premises. Wetherspoons for the uninitiated are a UK chain that serve up a large range of beers plus they are cheap on the main one's. They also serve a food but have no music and only a limited range of pubs have sky sports etc.

The local vintners would probably go on strike,a bit like Father Ted

"Down with that sort of thing" "Careful now"

Anyway councillor Del fill out this form I got on their website and sell Tralee to them :D

http://www.jdwetherspoon.co.uk/home/about-us/our-pubs/a-wetherspoon-near-you

I was in a weatherspoons & bought a pint and got a burger & chips for free! Ok, the food was a bit rubbish, but still, the idea could catch on here. If the council subsidise it, they could have a cheaper alternative to a soup kitchen.

Anyway councillor Del fill out this form I got on their website and sell Tralee to them :D

Not only pubs, they own hotels too!

Benners and Brogue must be locations of interest to them??????:)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Not too serious, fortunately...

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/three-people-taken-to-hospital-following-crash-near-tralee-golf-club/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

It would be nice to have a pub that serves a decent range of beers in Tralee instead of the usual range of Guinness/Heineken/Bud/Carlsberg bilgewater. There are so many good beers on the market at the moment that I couldn't actually drink any of the aforementioned ones anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

A load of us should nominate Tralee and see what kind of reaction it gets! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

It would be nice to have a pub that serves a decent range of beers in Tralee instead of the usual range of Guinness/Heineken/Bud/Carlsberg bilgewater. There are so many good beers on the market at the moment that I couldn't actually drink any of the aforementioned ones anymore.

I take it you've never drank in a Wetherspoons? Depressing, soulless places... And the cheap booze attracts the barflys. More to a pub than the range of beer IMO.
    Granted, pubs in town could go a bit further in embracing the craft beer trend and improve their selection, but i think its slowly improving.

A load of us should nominate Tralee and see what kind of reaction it gets! :)

Why not indeed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

11811 wrote: »
    I take it you've never drank in a Wetherspoons? Depressing, soulless places... And the cheap booze attracts the barflys. More to a pub than the range of beer IMO.
    Granted, pubs in town could go a bit further in embracing the craft beer trend and improve their selection, but i think its slowly improving.

You're right, I haven't :D

Now that you mention it, franchise pubs wouldn't appeal to me much anyway. I just checked Weatherspoons beer menu and it is pretty limited to say the least.

Out of interest, which bars in town are making an effort? Are they selling actual craft beers or a couple of bottles of out of date Erdinger in the fridge?

• Advertisement

You're right, I haven't :D

Now that you mention it, franchise pubs wouldn't appeal to me much anyway. I just checked Weatherspoons beer menu and it is pretty limited to say the least.

Out of interest, which bars in town are making an effort? Are they selling actual craft beers or a couple of bottles of out of date Erdinger in the fridge?

I think most bars in town thought Guinness white was a craft beer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement