Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Are Eddie Rocket's coming to Tralee?

why, what have you heard??? ....I for one hope they are ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    that's good!
    That unit beside Eason's (old Ryle & Nolans) has an opticians going in apparently! Work has started in where Paco is going (old Irish nationwide unit).

Another opticians?

why, what have you heard??? ....I for one hope they are ;)

Heard that a number of shops have been rebranded, and new sites opening!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

There's working going on too near where the rambling house was.

Witherspoons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Witherspoons?

Let's hope not

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

its great to see so much activity in empty units in town, it really is showing a sign of positive things happening here! Onwards and upwards :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I'd rather give my money to the Tralee Publicans than an English franchised one.Their food isn't great either tbh not to mind the dull,sad atmosphere but that's probably just like common English pubs anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Was Eddy rockets not bought out by a different company no?, and re-branded, An eddy rockets in Limerick has changed completely, apparenty the burgers have changed! :(

Was Eddy rockets not bought out by a different company no?, and re-branded, An eddy rockets in Limerick has changed completely, apparenty the burgers have changed! :(

oh no, really :(
    I have loved Eddie Rockets since I was a kid! It was our big treat when we went to Dublin, I still love it! It wouldn't be the same at all if they rebranded it :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

oh no, really :(
    I have loved Eddie Rockets since I was a kid! It was our big treat when we went to Dublin, I still love it! It wouldn't be the same at all if they rebranded it :(

They're still here in Dublin last time I looked! :)

If Boots move across the road to the new unit next to Dealz, then they'll surely have a pharmacy. Apparently their existing one in Tralee was one of the very few in Ireland not to have a pharmacy due to its size.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

But Boots are moving across from their current store into the empty unit beside Dealz,

Will they sell prescriptions? Tralee Boots are surely the wierdest pharmacy on these islands in that you cant get your prescriptions filled there!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I'd rather give my money to the Tralee Publicans than an English franchised one.Their food isn't great either tbh not to mind the dull,sad atmosphere but that's probably just like common English pubs anyway.

I'd agree with this to a degree, they do have a bleak atmosphere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

No, I dont believe so.
    But Boots are moving across from their current store into the empty unit beside Dealz, won't be for another 7 or 8 weeks though

That's a big space compared to their current premises. Certainly circa double the size.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Will they sell prescriptions? Tralee Boots are surely the wierdest pharmacy on these islands in that you cant get your prescriptions filled there!

Yes, they will have a pharmacy. They have recently advertised for pharmacists

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

Where's the best places in Tralee to buy a 11x17 inch photo frame? Thats poster size. Can only think of homestore in Manor but don't want to spend much more than a tenner!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

esprimo wrote: »
    Where's the best places in Tralee to buy a 11x17 inch photo frame? Thats poster size. Can only think of homestore in Manor but don't want to spend much more than a tenner!

Was going to say the place down near Gleasure's funeral home,Tralee Picture Framing,might cost more then a tenner though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

Are you looking for pretty or functional? Fairly ordinary but cheap ones to be had in Focus or Carmels in Rock St. Was in Carmels yesterday looking at them, some are pictures rather than empty frames but same difference! Michael Guineys might be an option too.

Byrnesworth also do a good range of frames, Woodies would have them too, might be more expensive but prettier. If you are an AXA customer with their card you can get 10% off in Woodies.

Perhaps try Dealz as well

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

I think Cleary's photography are invading...

• Advertisement

David o’ Doherty is doing a free gig in Tralee on Sunday !

kingdumb wrote: »
    David o’ Doherty is doing a free gig in Tralee on Sunday !

The shít comedian?

apparently Graham Norton was to give awards in the ITT yesterday! The guys who did that 'Pulp Fiction Kerry shtyle' were one of the recipients so they Kerry's Eye says. Was anyone up there for it?

I think Cleary's photography are invading...

I think that's it alright. I did read that they are refurbishing and putting in a state of the art photography studio.

Please accept my humblest apologies, I didn't know he was ****.

Thanks very much for the heads up tho, I was thinking about heading along but might pass on it now. I will probably go to one of the many other comedians, bands or plays happening in Tralee over the weekend instead... Oh wait a minute, anyone know if there is anything good on the telly ?
    The shít comedian?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Bit of an update on that Eddy rockets post I put up earlier, that day we were on about Eddy rockets strangely enough, the lad I work with is from Limerick and was saying the Eddy rockets in the cresent shoppin center and some other one in limerick city was re-branded and that they changed the burgers.

Sooo there was a certain bit of truth to what I said :), either that or he is taking the mick.

Please accept my humblest apologies, I didn't know he was ****.

Thanks very much for the heads up tho, I was thinking about heading along but might pass on it now. I will probably go to one of the many other comedians, bands or plays happening in Tralee over the weekend instead... Oh wait a minute, anyone know if there is anything good on the telly ?

Do I detect a smidge of sarcasm? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

apparently Graham Norton was to give awards in the ITT yesterday! The guys who did that 'Pulp Fiction Kerry shtyle' were one of the recipients so they Kerry's Eye says. Was anyone up there for it?

I saw him around campus but didn't get to see him as I had class.
    Also, David O'Doherty is superb.

siblers wrote: »
    I saw him around campus but didn't get to see him as I had class.
    Also, David O'Doherty is superb.

I actually enjoy DOD, perrier award winners generally aren't rubbish ;)

• Advertisement

Just heard there is supposed to be an open air cinema in the square about now, showing "Snow White" by all accounts

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement