Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Just heard there is supposed to be an open air cinema in the square about now, showing "Snow White" by all accounts

Yup, secret cinema club or something, nice idea for families and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

Bit of an update on that Eddy rockets post I put up earlier, that day we were on about Eddy rockets strangely enough, the lad I work with is from Limerick and was saying the Eddy rockets in the cresent shoppin center and some other one in limerick city was re-branded and that they changed the burgers.

Sooo there was a certain bit of truth to what I said :), either that or he is taking the mick.

There is a sign up on the one in the Crescent saying that "this restaurant is no longer associated with Eddie Rockets".

Radio5 wrote: »
    There is a sign up on the one in the Crescent saying that "this restaurant is no longer associated with Eddie Rockets".

Hmmm odd that, thought the crescent one was doing well.

On a unrelated fast food chain note, whats the story with the rumour that KFC are taking over rocky mountain and that it was an elaborate plan all along to bring it here?.

Wouldn't mind KFC ain't even that nice, ***waits for angry replies***.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

On a unrelated fast food chain note, whats the story with the rumour that KFC are taking over rocky mountain and that it was an elaborate plan all along to bring it here?.

Seems pretty elaborate.

Why would they not just apply for planning permission for themselves. Not to mention the cost of fitting out rocky mountain, and then re fitting it for kfc.

Doesn't make much monetary sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Its a rumor, I have no idea how Rocky Mountain is doing but KFC is a franchise & a costly one at that.
    Whoever wants to bring it would have to pay for the franchise & then buy or rent the takeaway. Can't see it happening, too costly by far

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

went to MJ's last night for the first time and it was lovely! Really nice chips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭numorouno

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    went to MJ's last night for the first time and it was lovely! Really nice chips :)

I only discovered mjs a few weeks ago. Easily the nicest chipper I've ever been in bar none. Yum yum. I don't think they even need to ask if I want home made chips or not. No contest!

I've been singing their praises since they started. It gets to the stage where, when I ring, it's,
    hi, usual is it?
    Yep please
    We'll be there in 20 mins
    No need to ask for address or anysuch....and I've never actually been physically inside the place yet!

Seems pretty elaborate.

Why would they not just apply for planning permission for themselves. Not to mention the cost of fitting out rocky mountain, and then re fitting it for kfc.

Doesn't make much monetary sense!

My thoughts exactly, but it is a very viable option for a large well known franchise to take over, all the equipment is new & modern, newly built premises with a drive thru, relatively good location, much cheaper for franchise to takeover rather than starting from scratch.

Within the first few weeks people knew RM was not going to do well as anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Can anybody recommend a good panel beater in Tralee area. At least that's what I think I'm looking for, a regular garage may be the same thing. It's to touch up some physical damage to a car. If anybody could please advise. I'd need them this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Kingdom crash repairs are superb but pricey.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Everything ok ?
    The shít comedian?
    I actually enjoy DOD, perrier award winners generally aren't rubbish ;)

kingdumb wrote: »
    Everything ok ?

Yep. I may have thrown a little ball & see if anyone hopped ;)
    I actually do enjoy DOD & have seen him live before.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Kingdom crash repairs are superb but pricey.

Try Poff Motors 0876548691:)

missjm wrote: »
    Can anybody recommend a good panel beater in Tralee area. At least that's what I think I'm looking for, a regular garage may be the same thing. It's to touch up some physical damage to a car. If anybody could please advise. I'd need them this week.

Poff Motors, ask for Liam 0876548691:)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I see that painting & repair work has begun on the front of Benners hotel! that council notice seemed to work ;)

Heard about a tragic accident last night on the Ardfert road. Member of a well known Tralee business family, tragic loss for the family.

Heard about a tragic accident last night on the Ardfert road. Member of a well known Tralee business family, tragic loss for the family.

yes, heard that earlier today. Condolences to the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Yeah terrible stuff.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah terrible stuff.

Gosh, another RTA? Another family destroyed today. Very sad indeed

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I see that painting & repair work has begun on the front of Benners hotel! that council notice seemed to work ;)

Wether spoons?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Wether spoons?;)

They could do a 'drunk tank' special on the rooms! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Xmas stuff in the window of Lorimar, not long now...

kingdumb wrote: »
    Xmas stuff in the window of Lorimar, not long now...

Was in town last week & the €1.49 shop beside CH chemist is having a half price sale on all Christmas decorations.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Was in town last week & the €1.49 shop beside CH chemist is having a half price sale on all Christmas decorations.

74.5 cent?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭phormium

The decorations are on sale in Shaws too, it's just too early, we will be sick of it by the time it comes around!

phormium wrote: »
    The decorations are on sale in Shaws too, it's just too early, we will be sick of it by the time it comes around!

I rarely go into Shaws, but was pricing something the other day & spotted their Christmas decorations area! why like!?

Whycan't businesses start Christmas in say mid November? Last year Dunnes etc started selling Christmas stuff BEFORE Halloween!:confused: Its too much. So many people are struggling and they don't need to be reminded of Christmas already!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

They always put out stuff months in advance on a limited basis as a test run for what items will sell well.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭geewhizz

Benners doesn't look that bad ,the fas offices and lee records are the most derelict looking building in tralee town centre

• Advertisement

geewhizz wrote: »
    Benners doesn't look that bad ,the fas offices and lee records are the most derelict looking building in tralee town centre

I noticed the other day that the 'Fas' office sign only says 'Employment Centre' now, or something like that...but FAS is no longer on the sign! Its a disgrace for a government agency to be looking so bad.

I think work is to be done on inside of the old Lee Records unit, so I'd say they will do the whole lot when that's being done.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement