Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

geewhizz wrote: »
    Benners doesn't look that bad ,the fas offices and lee records are the most derelict looking building in tralee town centre

How many apprentice carpenters and painters are on the books of FAS, and they leave a building in that state. Its a disgrace.

On another matter. On the bypass this evening, on the last stretch before you turn right on to the listowel road. And who are coming against me on the road, only two cyclists in full cycling gear. Cycling two abreast against the traffic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I rarely go into Shaws, but was pricing something the other day & spotted their Christmas decorations area! why like!?

Whycan't businesses start Christmas in say mid November? Last year Dunnes etc started selling Christmas stuff BEFORE Halloween!:confused: Its too much. So many people are struggling and they don't need to be reminded of Christmas already!

Amazing. Christmas decorations in Tralee shops on 24th September, and
    23 degrees on Tralee Bay.:D Hopefully this fine weather will roll on for a few more weeks.

How many apprentice carpenters and painters are on the books of FAS, and they leave a building in that state. Its a disgrace.

On another matter. On the bypass this evening, on the last stretch before you turn right on to the listowel road. And who are coming against me on the road, only two cyclists in full cycling gear. Cycling two abreast against the traffic.

As I mentioned before these f....ing cyclists think the bypass is a Velodrome.

They are lawless and a scourge on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Amazing. Christmas decorations in Tralee shops on 24th September, and
    23 degrees on Tralee Bay.:D Hopefully this fine weather will roll on for a few more weeks.

You know there is something wrong when on the news they show lads at All Ireland Ploughing Championships walking around in T-shirts when its usually a mud fest from all the rain.

Not knocking having the good weather atm,but just think our climate is after turning into a right box of tricks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Remind us again how many people are killed or maimed each year by these scum ?
    They are lawless and a scourge on the roads.

• Advertisement

Isn't FAS called SOLAS now ?
    I noticed the other day that the 'Fas' office sign only says 'Employment Centre' now, or something like that...but FAS is no longer on the sign!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kingdumb wrote: »
    Isn't FAS called SOLAS now ?

don't know, there's no actual name over the door anymore, just employment centre!

Sorry I meant nationally, I don't think FAS exists anymore.
    don't know, there's no actual name over the door anymore, just employment centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

Kerry is looking beautiful this week but was disgusted today to see somebody leave a nappy on the beach in Fenit. In fairness they weren't even Irish and I wanted to go after him and say something but I was only half his size. I know I wasn't the only person who noticed though.

Irrespective of name, the building is an eyesore in Castle Street

• Advertisement

missjm wrote: »
    Kerry is looking beautiful this week but was disgusted today to see somebody leave a nappy on the beach in Fenit. In fairness they weren't even Irish and I wanted to go after him and say something but I was only half his size. I know I wasn't the only person who noticed though.

Did you get a car registration number?

I am certain if an Irish person commited the samw offence say in Spain they would not get away with it.

Did you get a car registration number?

I am certain if an Irish person commited the samw offence say in Spain they would not get away with it.

He wasn't driving. Was staying locally, from what I overheard. Probably shouldn't say anymore or they would be easy to identify and online isn't the right way to do it.

I was annoyed as I had just thought how clean the beach was and how nice Kerry is when the weather is fine.

Also, they need to put up more speed signs on the new roads. I was halfway down it the other night and had no idea what speed limit it was.

I've a mental list of compliments and complaints but too tired from my day by the sea right now. I'll be back...

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Speaking of beach's, we went for a walk on Derrymore last Sunday and the entire beach was covered in rotting seaweed.

Last time I'll be there this year, is anyone responsible for cleaning this resource?

I know tourists are not around but the locals still like to get out for a walk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

pickled101 wrote: »
    Speaking of beach's, we went for a walk on Derrymore last Sunday and the entire beach was covered in rotting seaweed.

Last time I'll be there this year, is anyone responsible for cleaning this resource?

Urban dwellers have the tidy towns & spruce up their streets for such. Perhaps locals in Derrymore would like to spruce up their beach for a sense of local pride?

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

I should have taken a pic, it would take years for a few locals with shovels to clear up that lot :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

This is a natural phenomenon that occurs at all beaches at particular times of the year. Most of it will be washed away in a few weeks and farmers also use it for fertilizer.

I should have taken a pic, it would take years for a few locals with shovels to clear up that lot :-)

I'm sure there are a few jcb owners out there, isn't seaweed a great fertilizer, farmers would be crying out for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

This story in the Examiner is surely a look under the lid of the drug story in Tralee. A 24 and 25 year old who were both to appear on minor charges at the District Court yesterday had the charges struck out because they both died in recent days. I am assuming from the article that overdose/suicide are the causes of death.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/two-young-defendants-dead-court-hears-244144.html

Nightlife question. Decent bar in town on a Wednesday night? Music is a plus but got to be able to hear myself talk too! Oh, and where there will be a seat :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭Carraig95

Yea, those pesky waves with their reckless dumping of seaweed on our beautiful beaches. I totally agree with you, boycott all beaches until the government or some relevant local authority step up to the mark and do their civic duty and clear all seaweed from the coastline! For far too long this menace has been a blight on our beautiful county!

I was in Banna last night and the beach was absolutely destroyed with seaweed. Met a wise old man and he said the tide has been acting up of late, apparently budget cuts are to blame for the lack or regulation on how much seaweed can be dumped.

Simon Coveney (Minister for Agriculture) and James O'Reilly were on The Sunday Business Show on Newstalk last week promising to divert some resources from schools/hospitals and social welfare in order to increase the man power on Derrymore, Banna and Inch with immediate effect in order clean up the seaweed.

Here's hoping the pull the finger out. Won't go near a beach till they do!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

^^^

We need something done about that bloody sand aswell!

Gets bloody everywhere.

Nightlife question. Decent bar in town on a Wednesday night? Music is a plus but got to be able to hear myself talk too! Oh, and where there will be a seat :)

Date night question you mean?!?!?! ;)

Bailey's. Good bar, nice staff, and a lad called Paulie O'Brien plays there, very good! Plus there's a few nice quiet spots that are comfortable if you're sitting with one other.

Enjoy!

I cleaned up some seaweed when I was in Banna on Monday. I threw at least two of those whip things back into the sea. I know it's not a lot but I'm sure I've done my share as a good citizen. Saying that, my back isn't the best since - I wonder who I should contact.

^^^

Gets bloody everywhere.

Ah sand is great crack !

Carraig95 wrote: »

Bailey's. Good bar, nice staff, and a lad called Paulie O'Brien plays there, very good! Plus there's a few nice quiet spots that are comfortable if you're sitting with one other.

Enjoy!

Would this suggest that it will be all couples in there? I should have added somewhere that's not all loved up couples! A mix of people.

^^^

Gets bloody everywhere.

Ah here, don't even get me started on all that sand. Went for a swim on.Sunday and as I was walking from the water up to my towel it crept in between my toes and when I sat down some even went up the crack of my arse. Disgusted I was.

When I hopped into the car, some of the little buggers had sneakily clung to the underside of my trainers and unbeknown to me, hitched a lift all the way back into Tralee. Didn't even pay.

Registered a complaint with the guards but they said this type of behaviour is commonplace, plus they were too busy dealing with the sudden increase in seaweed being dumped on Derrymore.

Appaling behaviour. Never happened in my day.

Would this suggest that it will be all couples in there? I should have added somewhere that's not all loved up couples! A mix of people.

No plenty of people in there, nice mix!

I cleaned up some seaweed when I was in Banna on Monday. I threw at least two of those whip things back into the sea. I know it's not a lot but I'm sure I've done my share as a good citizen. Saying that, my back isn't the best since - I wonder who I should contact.

That's the spirit!!!! If only everyone could be as enthusiastic! I hope the tide was going out when you threw those whip things into the sea where they rightfully belong!

Just called the Tidy Towns Committee there and they promised to allocate three people a night for the next ten days (due to increase in temperatures) to patrol the beaches and throw all whip things back to the darn sea.

It's all about being proactive! I hope your back is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Carraig95 wrote: »

Enjoy!
    I second this motion.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    This story in the Examiner is surely a look under the lid of the drug story in Tralee. A 24 and 25 year old who were both to appear on minor charges at the District Court yesterday had the charges struck out because they both died in recent days. I am assuming from the article that overdose/suicide are the causes of death.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/two-young-defendants-dead-court-hears-244144.html

I had heard about one of the guys who died, didn't realise there was another one who had died too, was that in the past week or so? From the ones I know of, there have been 3 heroin linked deaths in the past 6 months! Scary. Such an awful drug.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement