Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

How come everybody spells Baily's Corner with an e, like the drink, not like the bar? Drives me mad for some bizarre reason! Then when I write Baily's (if recommending to someone on facebook etc) I get told I'm spelling it wrong :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Radio5

How come everybody spells Baily's Corner with an e, like the drink, not like the bar? Drives me mad for some bizarre reason! Then when I write Baily's (if recommending to someone on facebook etc) I get told I'm spelling it wrong :p

Maybe some people are unaware that there are different ways of spelling that name and just go with the one they know from the drink.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

It would appear Bailey's is the place to go so. Thank you. If I don't have a good night I'll be back to berate you all.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

@countykerry: Recycle your old Electrical Goods at Dingle Friday 27th (Dingle Harbour Car Park behind Garveys) & Tralee Sat 28th (Mart Yard) 10am-4pm

From the Kerry county council twitter feed if anyone needs to get rid of old electrical goods

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

anvilmas wrote: »
    @countykerry: Recycle your old Electrical Goods at Dingle Friday 27th (Dingle Harbour Car Park behind Garveys) & Tralee Sat 28th (Mart Yard) 10am-4pm

From the Kerry county council twitter feed if anyone needs to get rid of old electrical goods

Thanks, I've been waiting on this to come back

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Thanks, I've been waiting on this to come back

me too, thanks for letting us know!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Anybody know who's funeral was on this evening in gleasures and St brendans? It was massive. The queue went up as far as holy family school.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Anybody know who's funeral was on this evening in gleasures and St brendans? It was massive. The queue went up as far as holy family school.

William Collins. He was killed in a car accident in Ardfert a couple of days ago. I've never seen a funeral queue that long before. It says a lot that people were queueing for hours to pay their respects

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

What's going down on the fat mile, tractors n trucks everywhere??!??

• Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Anyone know what time the Garda station in tralee opens in the morning? Need to get a form stamped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

What's going down on the fat mile, tractors n trucks everywhere??!??

Guard of Honour for William Collins I reckon.
    He had a big interest in Farm machinery etc and would have worked for various contractors etc from very young.
    RIP.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

siblers wrote: »
    Anyone know what time the Garda station in tralee opens in the morning? Need to get a form stamped.

I would have thought its always open? I think you can go in at anytime

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

siblers wrote: »

Its a 24 hour station. The front desk is manned all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Can we set up a thread warning residents in Tralee in advance of door knockers selling broadband, electricity, spreading the word of jesus christ, help save something be it starving kids, dogs blah blah. They are the most annoying bunch of people ever, yes they have to make a living but it like the estate I am in is a geographical oddity and they all gather there. :mad:

Today as I came back from the gym I seen them pottering about the estate, thinking I had got away with it and my block was done, I was wrong, this sales person had passed my house and was at least 20 houses up from mine having already known at the time knowone was home, he stopped and watched me pull up to my front door and made a B-line for the house. I refused to answer, he rang the bell 3 times.

As I write this he is now again ringing my Doorbell. He actually came back again WTF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Hi all, lm currently doing an animal care course, and gotta get a place for work exp. Vets, animal farms, shelters or pet shops l can work in any of these. Now l know most of the vets in town and pet shops but is there any pet farm or some kind of animal wildlife centre around? l think theres something out the killarney road? lf anyone can recommend anywhere or know of any place could ye write it down? would really appricate it! been looking yp the internet, cant get much only the main places l know

If you can get to Killarney there is Kennedy's Pet Farm.

kn wrote: »
    Its a 24 hour station. The front desk is manned all the time.

Sound, thought that they might have had office hours for dealing with signing documents etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Hi all, lm currently doing an animal care course, and gotta get a place for work exp. Vets, animal farms, shelters or pet shops l can work in any of these. Now l know most of the vets in town and pet shops but is there any pet farm or some kind of animal wildlife centre around? l think theres something out the killarney road? lf anyone can recommend anywhere or know of any place could ye write it down? would really appricate it! been looking yp the internet, cant get much only the main places l know

The seal sanctuary outside dingle

Quinlan's fish and chips gets my seal of approval - a bit pricey but tasty

Shame about all the wino's/drunks hanging around that part of town though. It looks very bad especially so early in the evening (circa 7.30pm)

Can we set up a thread warning residents in Tralee in advance of door knockers selling broadband, electricity, spreading the word of jesus christ, help save something be it starving kids, dogs blah blah. They are the most annoying bunch of people ever, yes they have to make a living but it like the estate I am in is a geographical oddity and they all gather there. :mad:

Today as I came back from the gym I seen them pottering about the estate, thinking I had got away with it and my block was done, I was wrong, this sales person had passed my house and was at least 20 houses up from mine having already known at the time knowone was home, he stopped and watched me pull up to my front door and made a B-line for the house. I refused to answer, he rang the bell 3 times.

As I write this he is now again ringing my Doorbell. He actually came back again WTF.

there were guys from Eircom around recently (more than once), same thing happened, I just got home, they were up the top of the street & 2 minutes later my doorbell rings. I too didn't answer it! so annoying!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

missjm wrote: »

Shame about all the wino's/drunks hanging around that part of town though. It looks very bad especially so early in the evening (circa 7.30pm)

"To Arthur"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

missjm wrote: »

Fish and chips at the West End in Fenit is much nicer:D

Fish and chips at the West End in Fenit is much nicer:D

Another thing to try I guess ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

siblers & lisha - thanks but lm looking for somewhere in tralee or just outside it :/, more easier for me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I love living outside town for that very reason....no one ever bothers me!!:)

If I could get fibre broadband (which is what I presume the eircom reps etc are doing) then having to suffer them is a price i'd be willing to pay. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

I love living outside town for that very reason....no one ever bothers me!!:)

I love living outside town too but it means slow broadband speeds, can't get efibre or even 3G signal for the mobile phone

We were plagued during elections when living in town and now no one calls :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

pickled101 wrote: »
    I love living outside town too but it means slow broadband speeds, can't get efibre or even 3G signal for the mobile phone

We were plagued during elections when living in town and now no one calls :-)

Seems a small price to pay tbh to keep time wasters away from your property.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

Seems a small price to pay tbh to keep time wasters away from your property.

Oh I'm not complaining. Have 3mb which is more than enough for surfing the boards and watching youtube

• Advertisement

Where's a decent place to have a lazy lunch in Tralee or surrounding areas these days?
    Somewhere with easy enough parking etc. And preferably free parking or at least free parking nearby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement