Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Daring and revealing!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭pookiesboo

The bare cheek!:D

Literally. Have you seen how see-through the dress is?!

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

800 euro for a see through dress. It truly is the Emperor's new clothes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

missjm wrote: »
    800 euro for a see through dress. It truly is the Emperor's new clothes!

It's covered in Swarovski crystals, very blingy, might look well at a certain type of wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭missjm

It's covered in Swarovski crystals, very blingy, might look well at a certain type of wedding.

A nudist one?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

has anyone had a water meter installed at their property yet?

Ours is being done tomorrow....yay....grrrr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    has anyone had a water meter installed at their property yet?

Ours is being done tomorrow....yay....grrrr!!

I have the shotgun in the hallway locked and loaded. :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

kn wrote: »
    I have the shotgun in the hallway locked and loaded. :)

I'm a bit concerned though... we have brick cobble stones in our drive which go right to the gate, then there's the public path, which has the water stopcock (?) just outside of gateway and I really hope they don't damage our brickwork on the edge of the driveway. I think I may have to go chat to one of them and make sure they don't do any damage to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I'm a bit concerned though... we have brick cobble stones in our drive which go right to the gate, then there's the public path, which has the water stopcock (?) just outside of gateway and I really hope they don't damage our brickwork on the edge of the driveway. I think I may have to go chat to one of them and make sure they don't do any damage to it.

They might just take up the public footpath and install the meter near the stopcock.

They might just take up the public footpath and install the meter near the stopcock.

yeah, that's what they appear to be doing. I just walked up the street to see what they are doing with others, and he said they won't be touching anyone's driveway.
    They have just burst a pipe by the looks of it outside someone's house though, water spraying everywhere!!
    I would love if they could put our stopcock deeper though, its far too close to the surface! I know they won't be doing that, but its a pity it wasn't done properly first day. A plumber was looking at it one day & couldn't believe how badly it was installed, its not even centred to the cover!

• Advertisement

Take some 'before' photos on your phone, or a digital camera, if one is handy.

Take some 'before' photos on your phone, or a digital camera, if one is handy.

good idea!! Hopefully there won't be a problem, but good advice to have some evidence just in case!

I see a lot of cones were put out in Boherbee earlier today, still there now as I passed by & nothing had been done.
    Wonder if this is water meter related?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Funny you mention this, a Irish Water van pulled up on my folks estate this afternoon too so it looks like the installations are starting very soon in Tralee.

As regards new businesses, I noticed today that a mobile phone accessories/parts shop has opened in the old Quinlans fishshop (next to new Quinlans fishshop). It looks like the cafe (Riordans?) that was on Russell St (up from Gamestop) is also being renovated (I glimpsed a salad bar type counter through the window so guessing it's another cafe or food style store)? One more for the boardsies to review!:P

On a dud note, it's still officially September and Penneys have Christmas decorations for sale! :rolleyes:

I see a lot of cones were put out in Boherbee earlier today, still there now as I passed by & nothing had been done.
    Wonder if this is water meter related?

Oh, that's getting close to me........must give the shotgun one last clean........:)

yeah, that's what they appear to be doing. I just walked up the street to see what they are doing with others, and he said they won't be touching anyone's driveway.
    They have just burst a pipe by the looks of it outside someone's house though, water spraying everywhere!!
    I would love if they could put our stopcock deeper though, its far too close to the surface! I know they won't be doing that, but its a pity it wasn't done properly first day. A plumber was looking at it one day & couldn't believe how badly it was installed, its not even centred to the cover!

Delighted to see the Water Board have employed professionals. I guess by the time they find my house, they'll have had plenty of practice installing meters.!

Personally I don't have an issue with paying for water, it is a valuable commodity. Too much water is wasted around the country, in particular by the Water Board meter installers!:D

ongarboy wrote: »
    Funny you mention this, a Irish Water van pulled up on my folks estate this afternoon too so it looks like the installations are starting very soon in Tralee.

As regards new businesses, I noticed today that a mobile phone accessories/parts shop has opened in the old Quinlans fishshop (next to new Quinlans fishshop). It looks like the cafe (Riordans?) that was on Russell St (up from Gamestop) is also being renovated (I glimpsed a salad bar type counter through the window so guessing it's another cafe or food style store)? One more for the boardsies to review!:P

On a dud note, it's still officially September and Penneys have Christmas decorations for sale! :rolleyes:

The mobile phone store is just a relocation of an old store that was in the Tralee Shopping Centre.
    The new opticians in Ryle & Nolans old store is coming along well, and Xtravision finally closed their doors last night. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Delighted to see the Water Board have employed professionals. I guess by the time they find my house, they'll have had plenty of practice installing meters.!

Personally I don't have an issue with paying for water, it is a valuable commodity. Too much water is wasted around the country, in particular by the Water Board meter installers!:D

I thought you would have bathed in Evian!

:)

ongarboy wrote: »

the water meter installation started in the Oakpark area of town at the start of the month, so they have been at it now a few weeks! Ours is being done tomorrow, with some of the houses in our estate already done today.
    That phone shop used to be in the shopping centre & they managed to get out of their lease early in there to open up in the place beside Quinlans!

I spotted there was some sort of work going on in that premises in Russell street! They gutted the place from when it was a cafe to make it more rentable, and now if what you say is true, then its going to be back into a cafe/restaurant!

wonder how much longer it will be before Costa Coffee is open. Seems like its taking forever!!

yeah!! Im not too happy to have an extra bill to worry about, but I guess we have just over a year to worry about that! At least they didn't charge us to install them, then the shotguns really would be coming out!:mad:

• Advertisement

The mobile phone store is just a relocation of an old store that was in the Tralee Shopping Centre.
    The new opticians in Ryle & Nolans old store is coming along well, and Xtravision finally closed their doors last night. :(

ah did they, that's a shame.
    I see that HMV are going to be incorporated into some of the XtraVision outlets around the country. It doesn't look like that will happen in the Tralee store in Manor, although saying that they do sell music CD's so they may just improve on what's there. If they had kept the store in Abbey Court, it would have been great to have HMV there! ah well, sad to see it close, its been in Abbey court for many many years, albeit not in that particular unit, but still!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

yeah!! Im not too happy to have an extra bill to worry about, but I guess we have just over a year to worry about that! At least they didn't charge us to install them, then the shotguns really would be coming out!:mad:

Buy yourself a big plastic barrel and place it at the end of the wavin pipe taking the waste water from your fascia and soffit at the back of the house. You can use that water for washing the car, yard or watering any plants.

You could actually use it for showering aswell if you diverted it to the tank in your attic. Would probably need a plumber to do that for you.

Lots of easy ways to save water if you think about it!

Buy yourself a big plastic barrel and place it at the end of the wavin pipe taking the waste water from your fascia and soffit at the back of the house. You can use that water for washing the car, yard or watering any plants.

You could actually use it for showering aswell if you diverted it to the tank in your attic. Would probably need a plumber to do that for you.

Lots of easy ways to save water if you think about it!

yeah true enough! Thankfully I sold my car, so won't need to be washing it anymore!
    Its powerhosing the driveway & patio will be a problem, it takes so long, so I can't see us doing it much after 2015!!

I thought you would have bathed in Evian!

:)

Pelligrano where available, otherwise Evian!:)

They will be recovering the installation cost from you through the 'standing charge' when the billing starts.

ah did they, that's a shame.
    I see that HMV are going to be incorporated into some of the XtraVision outlets around the country. It doesn't look like that will happen in the Tralee store in Manor, although saying that they do sell music CD's so they may just improve on what's there. If they had kept the store in Abbey Court, it would have been great to have HMV there! ah well, sad to see it close, its been in Abbey court for many many years, albeit not in that particular unit, but still!
    That's what still has my head scratching. Why not make Abbeycourt the HMV/Xtravision combo instead of retaining Manor? Makes no sense unless they are looking to get a better located outlet like Roxy's maybe??

They will be recovering the installation cost from you through the 'standing charge' when the billing starts.

We will take it all in our stride, no point in getting too worked up about it. Life is too short. One day at a time folks!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Bate in with shovels in tho good ol tiger days. Often seen it done with the rush to get the paths down.

Anyone get a pre pay electricity meter fitted? There is literature relating to them in every house you'd be in lately.

Bate in with shovels in tho good ol tiger days. Often seen it done with the rush to get the paths down.

Anyone get a pre pay electricity meter fitted? There is literature relating to them in every house you'd be in lately.

Sign of the times.
    Though I think there are some signs that things are improving. It is amazing travelling around the country to see building going on again.
    I always live in hope!
    Looking at newsreel from Syria, Kenya, Pakistan Iraq etc. perhaps things are not too bad here.

• Advertisement

Sign of the times.
    Though I think there are some signs that things are improving. It is amazing travelling around the country to see building going on again.
    I always live in hope!
    Looking at newsreel from Syria, Kenya, Pakistan Iraq etc. perhaps things are not too bad here.

Newsreel?! :P
    Has Jerry crossed into Poland?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement