Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Newsreel?! :P
    Has Jerry crossed into Poland?!

Sorry I meant rolling news!

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Sorry I meant rolling news!

:P

Those new fangled talkies have my head melted! Who knew Charlie Chaplin had such a lovely voice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

Bate in with shovels in tho good ol tiger days. Often seen it done with the rush to get the paths down.

Anyone get a pre pay electricity meter fitted? There is literature relating to them in every house you'd be in lately.

We have one its great! On ESB our bills were €120 per 2 months now down to €87 per 2 months. You're not going to save money as it actually costs slightly dearer than ESB but because you notice the balance going down, you'll change your usage accordingly. For instance we used to (When it was raining) put on the dryer in the evening, now we put it on when we go to bed, after 12AM and it costs a fraction of the price.

Wow! Just back from the beach. Still T shirt and shorts weather. 22 degrees!

Water still warm enough for swimming.

Fantastic start to October.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Can I have some of what you are smoking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

It would be easy to pick you out of a crowd I'd say Del. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Even easier in a line-up I'd wager! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

I second what the person above said about the water being warm, went 2 days ago, for a swim both evenings for around 20mins around 5:30ish, great :D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQabPbrXjiPLTC-ux5k27FUKJrihxBsDPn9_P6LBoS7L-yNX49Y

New plate for the Jag..

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Actually considering its so sunny here today, even though rain was forecast, i'm tempted to go for another dip today, be great to go in October and not get hypothermia :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Anyone recommend a fairly lively bar to head to Saturday afternoons/early evenings that shows footie and has an interesting crowd. For self with missus + in laws the weekend

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Stressica wrote: »
    Actually considering its so sunny here today, even though rain was forecast, i'm tempted to go for another dip today, be great to go in October and not get hypothermia :D

its mad isn't it! I feel a bit confused wearing t-shirts still! It really feels as though its just the start of September!
    As I keep hearing from people 'it'll shorten the winter' :D;)

Stressica wrote: »

Yes I have been to the beach twice today.

Went early due to rain forecast, walked doggy.

Was in the sea later on , water warm for October. 21 Degrees on land amazing.:D

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    its mad isn't it! I feel a bit confused wearing t-shirts still! It really feels as though its just the start of September!
    As I keep hearing from people 'it'll shorten the winter' :D;)

Amazing altogether, I am still wearing T shirts shorts and sandals in October. My challenge is to brave it out until end of October. I absolutely abhor the Winter. Think I was designed to be a beach bum!:D All in favour of global warming:P

Anyone recommend a fairly lively bar to head to Saturday afternoons/early evenings that shows footie and has an interesting crowd. For self with missus + in laws the weekend

O'Donnells of Mounthawk, good food ,great pint, nice crowd and free parking!

What more can we do?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Check out the Meadowlands Hotel.

They show all the footie - Have Sky Sports & BT Sports. New projector in front bar is also fantastic!

Food is also great :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

digiking wrote: »

Food is also great :)

hmmm. I wouldn't go that far.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    hmmm. I wouldn't go that far.

+ 1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

what about Gally's overy by Lidl on the Castlemaine road? Its been a long time since I was in there, so not sure what its like these days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

what about Gally's overy by Lidl on the Castlemaine road? Its been a long time since I was in there, so not sure what its like these days...

It's pretty good IMHO, very similar to O'Donnells - not haute cuisine but consistently decent food.

• Advertisement

It's pretty good IMHO, very similar to O'Donnells - not haute cuisine but consistently decent food.

Interesting, never been in the place. Must give it a try sometime. Thanks:)

that's good to hear. I always forget that place is there!

They have been installing the water meters in our estate since Monday. Ours was meant to be done yesterday, but they started it at 8am this morning (much to our annoyance as we had the morning of and woken by drilling at that time was not my idea of a lie in!). They have been drilling at ours since then, as they are encountering problems with how the stopcock and electrics were done so badly first day! Looks like they are going deeper now, which is good for us as it means the stopcock will be put further down, the way it should have been from day one! Ours seems to be the only place causing them problems, they are more or less finished with the rest of them at this stage!
    The sound of the drilling is doing my head in though, non stop since 8am!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Unfortunately, they have only priced for one hour to fit each meter per house. Any time over that will be charged to the householders first bill!

Unfortunately, they have only priced for one hour to fit each meter per house. Any time over that will be charged to the householders first bill!

that better not be true! :eek::eek:
    Anyway, their letter said it would be 2 hours, although yes that's gone way over now!
    I will be hearing this drilling in my sleep at this rate!

I was just speaking to one of the installers and they said that the way the pipes & ESB cables were installed on this estate is a disgrace. They have hit cables that weren't even marked by the ESB, he said he doesn't know how it was all signed off first day! Its not even an old estate, it was built in 1999! Typical boom time developments! They are finally getting the meter in, but they said this place has been a nightmare!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQabPbrXjiPLTC-ux5k27FUKJrihxBsDPn9_P6LBoS7L-yNX49Y

New plate for the Jag..

I like it.
    Perhaps you would give me a hand fixing the plates on the car:D

Guess my cover is blown now ! D

Anyway, their letter said it would be 2 hours, although yes that's gone way over now!

I was just speaking to one of the installers and they said that the way the pipes & ESB cables were installed on this estate is a disgrace. They have hit cables that weren't even marked by the ESB, he said he doesn't know how it was all signed off first day! Its not even an old estate, it was built in 1999! Typical boom time developments! They are finally getting the meter in, but they said this place has been a nightmare!

Gosh. That will be some 1st bill. 8AM to 5PM? How many guys were involved?
    Hope you brought out some tea and chocolate biscuits for the lads !:D
    At least Chez Ciarrai is still standing. There are lots of cases where houses built during the boom are actually falling down!!!

As iv said previously, bate in with shovels. Wouldn't fancy that kinda work at all now, wait till winter sets in.

• Advertisement

As iv said previously, bate in with shovels. Wouldn't fancy that kinda work at all now, wait till winter sets in.

a girl I know said they had to halt work in her estate, they hit ESB cables, which he actually told us about today. So dangerous!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement