Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Too right, wandering around in sandals, shorts and t-shirts, swimming as the sun goes down...
    In October in Kerry !!!
    Wow! Just back from the beach. Still T shirt and shorts weather. 22 degrees!

Water still warm enough for swimming.

Fantastic start to October.:)
    Stressica wrote: »
    I second what the person above said about the water being warm, went 2 days ago, for a swim both evenings for around 20mins around 5:30ish, great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

A former property developer and former co-owner of a Tralee hotel, “in debt to the tune of €9m” and before the courts on a hit-and-run allegation, has been refused free legal aid.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/ex-property-developer-refused-free-legal-aid-245334.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Yowzers!

Very interesting Monsieur Juneau!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Very interesting Monsieur Juneau!:)

The other interesting aspect is that it appears it wants to hightail it to London for the bankruptcy tourism but I doubt that is going to stack up for him if he has to face charges in Ireland.

• Advertisement

kn wrote: »
    The other interesting aspect is that it appears it wants to hightail it to London for the bankruptcy tourism but I doubt that is going to stack up for him if he has to face charges in Ireland.

Yes, bearing in mind the charges for hit and run , a serious enough offence, will be brought by the DPP, I am surprised he can simply skip off to jolly olde London town:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Was fishing with the father back the rocks and there's a small shallow harbour just along and went for another swim at 7 o clock, no cold there at all, tide was flat calm, it was great going to try and make a habit of this :)

Was fishing with the father back the rocks and there's a small shallow harbour just along and went for another swim at 7 o clock, no cold there at all, tide was flat calm, it was great going to try and make a habit of this :)

Yes it is still shorts and Tshirt weather:D

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

Poor Da thought I'd completely lost it, going to try and continue and go as often as I can for as long as I can without getting hypothermia, seem such a silly thing to waste a perfectly good swimming pool ;)

while Im at it, im thinking of going back to Fenit to fish for a day next week, am I right in believing there's no bus from Tralee?? :O

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Poor Da thought I'd completely lost it, going to try and continue and go as often as I can for as long as I can without getting hypothermia, seem such a silly thing to waste a perfectly good swimming pool ;)

while Im at it, im thinking of going back to Fenit to fish for a day next week, am I right in believing there's no bus from Tralee?? :O

No buses running.

But there is a Jag doing a daily run who might take you in the boot if your lucky!

• Advertisement

No buses running.

But there is a Jag doing a daily run who might take you in the boot if your lucky!

I believe there is a CIE bus which goes to Fenit on Fridays:)

There are a number of Tralee Bay Swimming Club Members who swim in Fenit 365 days per year. Obviously the Christmas Day Swim is a major event in the Calendar when approx 300 swimmers go in for the dip. May I suggest joining the Swimming Club, they are a very nice bunch of people.
    They swim in the area known as the diving boards, ask someone and they will direct you.
    There is A CIE bus servicing Fenit on Friday's :)

Unfortunately I am in Spain next week

I believe there is a CIE bus which goes to Fenit on Fridays:)
    :)

I'd its a topless beach I'm there....cant wait to unleash these bad boys! #moobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Buy a half decent 5mm wetsuit and you can swim all year round

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

I posted this in the Woodworking forum, but got no responses so I thought I would post here.
    I'm looking for logs for carving. Does anyone know where I can get them in Tralee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

What type timber and what size?

What type timber and what size?

Any type timber and relatively any size, but it has to be logs not sawn timber.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

did anyone head back to Dingle for the Food & drink festival? I was hoping to, but no such luck. :(

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    did anyone head back to Dingle for the Food & drink festival? I was hoping to, but no such luck. :(
    We did and it was lovely.
    Dingle was mobbed and there was a huge selection of different foods to try.
    I ended up buying a lovely pot of Dandelion Honey :D
    My only real criticism was there was a fair amount of over priced stuff tbh.
    (However the bulk of the stalls were excellent value, and their sellers were very helpful :D ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Umekichi wrote: »
    I posted this in the Woodworking forum, but got no responses so I thought I would post here.
    I'm looking for logs for carving. Does anyone know where I can get them in Tralee?

Give these lads a ring,there out in Ballyroe

They supply all types of hardwood but might be able to source logs as well

Might be worth a shot

http://www.adanack.com/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

well done to the Austin Stacks on making it through to the county championship final!! They will play the Crokes on the 20th, so it will be some game!! go on the Rock :)

well done to the Austin Stacks on making it through to the county championship final!! They will play the Crokes on the 20th, so it will be some game!! go on the Rock :)

No shame in being the second best team in Kerry for the Rockies I suppose! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

No shame in being the second best team in Kerry for the Rockies I suppose! :)

Sure the Mitchels will always be the best team in Tralee :)

Sure the Mitchels will always be the best team in Tralee :)

yeah....course they are! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭kingdumb

Hey Stressica,

Just out of interest, where are you on about here, somewhere close to Tralee ?
    Was fishing with the father back the rocks and there's a small shallow harbour just along and went for another swim at 7 o clock, no cold there at all, tide was flat calm, it was great going to try and make a habit of this smile.png

Not forgetting the Banna polar bears !
    There are a number of Tralee Bay Swimming Club Members who swim in Fenit 365 days per year.

yeah....course they are! :rolleyes:

You've got a foot in both camps, shush! ;)

You've got a foot in both camps, shush! ;)

I'm 100% Stacks, its in the blood....literally :) can't wait to put the flags up in work ;) lol:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Will the final be on in Killarney this time?

Or will it be in Tralee and we get to see the march of the Rockies again

Cant see them beating the Crokes though

If there was a championship for supporters then the Stacks would win,always bring a lot of colour and banter,makes a good
    atmosphere.

Speaking of colour and good atmosphere,County Hurling final on next weekend,always a good day out.St Brendan's against Lixnaw

• Advertisement

Will the final be on in Killarney this time?

Or will it be in Tralee and we get to see the march of the Rockies again

Cant see them beating the Crokes though

If there was a championship for supporters then the Stacks would win,always bring a lot of colour and banter,makes a good
    atmosphere.

Speaking of colour and good atmosphere,County Hurling final on next weekend,always a good day out.St Brendan's against Lixnaw

not sure if its in Tralee, hopefully it is :) I will never forget the win in 1994, that was unreal! we didn't go to school for a week! lol spent so much time in the Stack's club, best crack every! Great memories :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement