Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Lol, football is like a foreign language to me. Not a clue!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Lol, football is like a foreign language to me. Not a clue!

I switch off if someone starts talking soccer to me, I hate anything to do with the premiership but will just about watch Ireland play!

But I love GAA football, its in the blood and I played it for Stacks ladies as a young teen :)
    Not so into the hurling though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Real men play with the oval ball !:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

don't get me started on rugby, I can't honestly get my head around it...stop start stop start...just frustrates me to watch! Give me GAA anyday! go on the rock ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    I'm 100% Stacks, its in the blood....literally :) can't wait to put the flags up in work ;) lol:D

It would be less messier just to break the windows yourself! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

Another abomination left behind by the Celtic tiger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

kn wrote: »

I was actually going to say it's a cunning plan of hers to get the place firebombed & collect a hefty insurance payout! ;)

Another abomination left behind by the Celtic tiger

It was around long before the Celtic Tiger:P

By the way are Stacks and The Rock the same team? Forgive me I am a blow in:o

Indeed they are, shower of barstewards the lot of em! :P

nah, done it before, they got over it! Anyway, Austin Stack himself played for the Mitchell's before setting up the Rock club! there's a bit of history for you :)

• Advertisement

The Rock, the Stacks, the Rockies, the Black & Amber! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

I think football is going the path of soccer in the sense that if someone gets a knock its a case of dive to the ground rolling in apparent agony until the ref makes a decision and you get a blast of the magic spray, all of a sudden your right as rain again.

Now am not saying it always happens but it seems to be getting more common, and fair play to people that can take a hit and not dive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

The final is set for Killarney afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭counterlock

It's no wonder the naries made it to the semi final when their u16 bus stops in Connolly park and Marian park.

The mitchels are like a green and gold phoenix, biding their time to rise again

The Rock, the Stacks, the Rockies, the Black & Amber! :)

I guess if they win against Crokes you will be hosting a party at work? Perhaps Lelantos could be tracked down and make a guest appearance?

:D

I guess if they win against Crokes you will be hosting a party at work? Perhaps Lelantos could be tracked down and make a guest appearance?

:D

no, I will be taking a week off LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

The March of the rockies

The March of the rockies

brilliant!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

brilliant!!! :D

Did you take part in that Ciarrai?

Did you take part in that Ciarrai?

no funnily enough! My family were all there! Although I did go to that match! I think it was the semi-final against the Crokes....which we...lost :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,538 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Up Listry!

siblers wrote: »
    Up Listry!

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭sudaltsov

Anyone can recommend good kids camp for the October mid-term break, in Tralee? Full day, from 9 to 5.30...

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Sure the Mitchels will always be the best team in Tralee :)
    Thought that they are after moving out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Thought that they are after moving out of town

Sore point. I do think the Mitchell's moving is more to do with the physical environment or ability to expand in Champers. I think its sympthomatic of the GAA becoming a more 'middle class' pursuit and moving away from its 'working class' roots that's taking place all over Ireland. The 'Mitchells' are now effectively a Manor rather than a Boherbee team. For anyone from Boherbee to follow, train or participate in the Mitchell's now you need a car, full stop.

Can anyone recommend a chimney sweep please?

Thanks,

Del:)

Can anyone recommend a chimney sweep please?

Thanks,

Del:)

I have the name and number of a guy at home, I'll PM you with it later.

Sore point. I do think the Mitchell's moving is more to do with the physical environment or ability to expand in Champers. I think its sympthomatic of the GAA becoming a more 'middle class' pursuit and moving away from its 'working class' roots that's taking place all over Ireland. The 'Mitchells' are now effectively a Manor rather than a Boherbee team. For anyone from Boherbee to follow, train or participate in the Mitchell's now you need a car, full stop.

The Boherbee street itself had a huge tradition of supplying a conveyer belt of great underage & senior players to the Mitchel's team over the years.
    Unfortunately, the youngest male living in Boherbee these times is approx 23 years old.
    I'm sure this pattern is repeated in other traditional Mitchel strongholds & is a major factor in the clubs relocation

I guess it is a hangover from the Celtic Tiger. In the same way during the boom there was a resurgence in the Gael Scoil. Ken & Karen , who between them had not a word of Irish , sent their children Fiachra and Sneachta to the local Irish speaking school. :D
    ;)KN is probably correct GAA has now become a pursuit of the middle class, particularly for those of whom would never figure out the oval ball!:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

I guess it is a hangover from the Celtic Tiger. In the same way during the boom there was a resurgence in the Gael Scoil. Ken & Karen , who between them had not a word of Irish , sent their children Fiachra and Sneachta to the local Irish speaking school. :D

Your pretty spot on there Delboy, I always thought the Geal scoil was a status thing aswell.
    Can't say much bout GAA though! Havent a clue!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement