Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

A Malaysian chef in the Manor West hotel has been diagnosed with cancer & has only days left to live.
    Days??

I wonder how it could get so far without realizing. Sorry I don't mean to speculate on a man's misfortune; in general, does that actually happen, or is it some medical freak event?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Days??

I wonder how it could get so far without realizing. Sorry I don't mean to speculate on a man's misfortune; in general, does that actually happen, or is it some medical freak event?

Stomach pain last year, thought nothing of it at the time as it disappeared. Went to hospital 2 weeks ago & was informed of the awful news

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Days??

No it happens, unfortunately. Chance are the poor man might of had mild symptoms and put it down to an upset tummy and thought nothing more of it.

A man I worked with went to the Doc after a cut he had would not heal, two weeks later he died a week before chrismtas. A very aggressive form of Leukemia.

Everyone has varying tolerances to ailments, what might seem harmless could be very deadly, it may very well be a small percentage but it happens sadly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

Jesus christ, that sounds like something from a tv soap.

Poor man separated from his people at the end of his life. Very sad to have to be worried about paying airline bills and funeral expenses in your last days. We probably all assume money would be the last of your worries. Imagine worrying that you can't afford to die yet, on top of everything else. Very deserving cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

Not going to beat around the 'Burning Bush' here but for me the lunatics that were running the Asylum known as the Green School were 'Gestapo' Lynch, Smelly Kelly, Boyeen (Biggest bollex of them all), Bobo, Barrett (For the birds), Noddy, Nah (Nosferatu), Thundertits Moynihan, Br. Flahive, Dan the Man, Rolls (Happy with the ole T Square) please feel free to fill in the blanks here...... How Br Gavin kept a level head in all the madness is beyond me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭E mac

Anyone know what happened Randles garage in Manor are they gone from Killarney as well?

Sully34 wrote: »
    Not going to beat around the 'Burning Bush' here but for me the lunatics that were running the Asylum known as the Green School were 'Gestapo' Lynch, Smelly Kelly, Boyeen (Biggest bollex of them all), Bobo, Barrett (For the birds), Noddy, Nah (Nosferatu), Thundertits Moynihan, Br. Flahive, Dan the Man, Rolls (Happy with the ole T Square) please feel free to fill in the blanks here...... How Br Gavin kept a level head in all the madness is beyond me

Remember Máisla?
    Sitting beneath Nah was a guarantee of a spittle shower.
    I think Moynihan was Ms Keane at one stage

Remember Máisla?
    Sitting beneath Nah was a guarantee of a spittle shower.
    I think Moynihan was Ms Keane at one stage

Yeah Maisla,never had him thank God!!

I also think Mrs Moynihan could have been Mr Moynihan at one stage

Yeah Maisla,never had him thank God!!

I also think Mrs Moynihan could have been Mr Moynihan at one stage

Stevie? I think that's what he was called. French teacher.
    Not to forget Vincenzo Healy for French too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

E mac wrote: »
    Anyone know what happened Randles garage in Manor are they gone from Killarney as well?

just spotted on their ad in the Kerry's eye that they have 're-located' to behind TK Maxx....apparently that's where their after sales centre is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    just spotted on their ad in the Kerry's eye that they have 're-located' to behind TK Maxx....apparently that's where their after sales centre is.
    I guess they aren't selling enough Nissans and Chevrolets.
    So much for the 'Save our souls' 131/132 numbers.

Go down and get "Laide"!, Beg your pardon sir?!, GO DOWN AND GET Mr LAIDE!
    Never got old with that certain science teacher saying that, he had the knickname of a certain part of the female anatomy........

Missssssssster Johnnnnnnnson......He was actually alright I thought.

And lets not forget Johhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnno keefe, what an arm you havvvvve. I still chat to him down the gym.

Mega bitch, enough said really.

Bridie, lord have mercy on her, looking back on it she didnt deserve the abuse she got.

Eamann walsh, fond of hurleys he was.

Have many more but am meant to be working today and my place has a strict no mobile policy......

Go down and get "Laide"!, Beg your pardon sir?!, GO DOWN AND GET Mr LAIDE!
    Never got old with that certain science teacher saying that, he had the knickname of a certain part of the female anatomy........

Missssssssster Johnnnnnnnson......He was actually alright I thought.

And lets not forget Johhhhhhhhhhhhnnnnnnnno keefe, what an arm you havvvvve. I still chat to him down the gym.

Mega bitch, enough said really.

Bridie, lord have mercy on her, looking back on it she didnt deserve the abuse she got.

Eamann walsh, fond of hurleys he was.

Have many more but am meant to be working today and my place has a strict no mobile policy......

I'm older than most here :(
    So I'm guessing nobody else remembers Máistir ó Beglaíoch? He was from back wesht & spent 2 years at the green that nearly destroyed him mentally.
    He went to colaiste íde after that, haven't heard what happened after that.
    Another teacher had the nickname Casper..... I can't write here what I still to this day think of him.
    The only teacher that I have ever hated.

Maybe not entirely of interest to anyone but Austin Stacks have been relegated from County League Div 1 to 2.1.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg

I think I just heard ciarrai scream!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm older than most here :(
    So I'm guessing nobody else remembers Máistir ó Beglaíoch? He was from back wesht & spent 2 years at the green that nearly destroyed him mentally.
    He went to colaiste íde after that, haven't heard what happened after that.
    Another teacher had the nickname Casper..... I can't write here what I still to this day think of him.
    The only teacher that I have ever hated.

Some of them were just not cut out for it - poor Willie O'Connor was a lovely fellow but just got an awful time of it. I dunno how he held it together some days. He really didn't deserve the abuse he got, but classrooms in the green were no place for the faint-hearted.

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Some of them were just not cut out for it - poor Willie O'Connor was a lovely fellow but just got an awful time of it. I dunno how he held it together some days. He really didn't deserve the abuse he got, but classrooms in the green were no place for the faint-hearted.

We liked Willie, had him for maths & he was a good teacher, he didn't have much control of a class at times though.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭DaveTheSpic

Ah The Green! Hated my time there but looking at Mrs Dwyer and Ms Doyle everyday made it that little bit easier walking through the gates..

We liked Willie, had him for maths & he was a good teacher, he didn't have much control of a class at times though.
    I would always hold out to light my benson and hedges at the burning bush in the morning untill I got to see Willie trying to squeeze through the gate, always set me up for the day

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I think I just heard ciarrai scream!

was that posted recently??

What team was it though, I doubt it was the seniors who are in the county final next week! Might have been one the other teams, B team, hurlers, minors??

was that posted recently??

What team was it though, I doubt it was the seniors who are in the county final next week! Might have been one the other teams, B team, hurlers, minors??

It was posted a few hours ago.
    Are the seniors playing rubbish in the league?

• Advertisement

It was posted a few hours ago.
    Are the seniors playing rubbish in the league?

don't know, haven't heard a thing about them being relegated, its not on the facebook page either! Must ask me da! lol

don't know, haven't heard a thing about them being relegated, its not on the facebook page either! Must ask me da! lol

If he answers the phone bawling crying....you prob don't have to ask :)

That poor man Velsen passed away, He got his wish after all, very glad he did. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

That poor man Velsen passed away, He got his wish after all, very glad he did. My sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

That's frightening!

You never know the hour.

that post about the Stacks being relegated must either be years old or they have their facts wrong!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

theyve been there for ages . ????

theyve been there for ages . ????

just what it says in their Kerry's eye ad!

Yes unfortunately, very sad indeed.
    The benefit day at Moyderwell primary goes ahead tomorrow from 1-5pm
    Zumba for the family, raffles for pretty good spot prizes, cake sale etc. If anyone can show up just to throw a fiver into the bucket it would be really appreciated.

Yes unfortunately, very sad indeed.
    The benefit day at Moyderwell primary goes ahead tomorrow from 1-5pm
    Zumba for the family, raffles for pretty good spot prizes, cake sale etc. If anyone can show up just to throw a fiver into the bucket it would be really appreciated.

awh, that's very sad. His poor family :(

• Advertisement

awh, that's very sad. His poor family :(

If you're working you can drop down for 30 mins of zumba, get fit & help a great cause ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement