Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

If you're working you can drop down for 30 mins of zumba, get fit & help a great cause ;)

not around tomorrow I'm afraid. Hope it goes well though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,580 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Recommend a good route for pub crawl? Only stipulation is minimum distance between pubs. Couple of old folks with us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

Spent the afternoon at Moyderwell schools benefit for Velzen.
    A large turnout, (never knew the Malaysian community in Tralee was so big)
    Amy, his wife & Alex his son were there also & I think the show of support helped her and his parents a little today.
    Zumba with Linda and her class, face painting etc for the kids & traditional Malay cooking in abundance which went down a treat with all.
    Attempts at speeches ended in tears all around, but I think the sense of togetherness shown by one and all was truly special today

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

Recommend a good route for pub crawl? Only stipulation is minimum distance between pubs. Couple of old folks with us

Sean og's-->cearnog-->Teach beag-->Bailey's corner-->Blasket. That is my normal route.

The first four is generally a mixture of youngish and older crowds, Baileys is a short trek up the town and again a mixed crowd, the blasket is generally for younger people after 10pm.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Spent the afternoon at Moyderwell schools benefit for Velzen.
    A large turnout, (never knew the Malaysian community in Tralee was so big)
    Amy, his wife & Alex his son were there also & I think the show of support helped her and his parents a little today.
    Zumba with Linda and her class, face painting etc for the kids & traditional Malay cooking in abundance which went down a treat with all.
    Attempts at speeches ended in tears all around, but I think the sense of togetherness shown by one and all was truly special today

awh, it must have been very emotional. Fair play for his wife & family for coming along, that can't have been easy for them. May he rest in peace

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    awh, it must have been very emotional. Fair play for his wife & family for coming along, that can't have been easy for them. May he rest in peace

Yes, she was surrounded by her friends & family which helped & his father was touched at the show of support also.
    Some nice spot prizes & the main prize was 2 nites stay in a hotel which was actually given to Amy, nobody wanted to claim it.
    its a small gesture, but a nice one.
    Funeral on Monday I believe to Rath cemetery.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Some nice spot prizes & the main prize was 2 nites stay in a hotel which was actually given to Amy, nobody wanted to claim it.
    its a small gesture, but a nice one.

Ahh that's the nicest thing I've read in a while .
    Condolences to her and the families.
    I wish them all the best for the future

Just one more :)
    There will be a pancake flip today in the Manor West retail park from 2pm in aid of Velzen's family.
    Pancakes will be €2, fillings of your choice and it will be Velzen's coworkers from the Manor West hotel doing the cooking.

Yesterdays event raised €1300 and hopefully todays event adds to that magnificent total

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

sudaltsov wrote: »
    (Repeating, in case original request got lost) Could anybody recommend any kids camp in Tralee for the Oct mid-term?

Have a look at Tralee Wetlands face book page they are running a camp that week it looks great . Or ring them if you not on FB

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

I saw a coulple of "new age" types cutting down trees on the river walk to the back of the Carlton yesterday. The were putting a ladder up on the trees and cutting off limbs with a saw. Who would I report this to?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

I saw a coulple of "new age" types cutting down trees on the river walk to the back of the Carlton yesterday. The were putting a ladder up on the trees and cutting off limbs with a saw. Who would I report this to?

That sounds really intelligent. Wonder who pays the compo when they fall off?

Could be totally legit though.
    The tralee town council have had some trees cut down & others cut back in the last week.
    St Patrick's bungalows in Urban Tce had theirs done, think there was some work around John's Pk too.
    Best contact the council if there's any doubt in your mind

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Could be totally legit though.

If they were legit they would have high vis vests, signage to warn pedestrians etc.

This pair were simply propping a ladder up against trees and lobbing off branches with a hand saw.

Ill give the urban council a call in the morning.

If they were legit they would have high vis vests, signage to warn pedestrians etc.

This pair were simply propping a ladder up against trees and lobbing off branches with a hand saw.

Ill give the urban council a call in the morning.

It's very possible you are correct. It may have been locals taking things into their own hands?
    But definitely give a ring tomorrow to the council & see if they know anything.......for a change ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Working on a Sunday would be even more surprising! Doubt if the council would do general maintenance stuff on a Sunday.

Anyways, can anyone recommend good reasonable window cleaner, chimney is clean now time for the windows I can't reach!

phormium wrote: »
    Working on a Sunday would be even more surprising! Doubt if the council would do general maintenance stuff on a Sunday.

Anyways, can anyone recommend good reasonable window cleaner, chimney is clean now time for the windows I can't reach!

You misread the post I think. He said the work was being done yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Ah that would make more sense, I was wondering!

when is the new Aldi store due to open?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

It was originally this month but the latest I heard is 'before Christmas'. All the main construction works seem to be done at this stage. It seems to be internal stuff and getting the car park done that's remaining.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

275827.jpg

It should also be noted that from the 21st of November Tipperary Town will be part of Tralee :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Quaderno wrote: »
    275827.jpg

It should also be noted that from the 21st of November Tipperary Town will be part of Tralee :)
    It's not a long way to Tipperary!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

kn wrote: »
    It was originally this month but the latest I heard is 'before Christmas'. All the main construction works seem to be done at this stage. It seems to be internal stuff and getting the car park done that's remaining.

I'd say the Buy Lo store across the way won't be pleased having Aldi on it's doorstep. Does anyone actually shop there regularly - I don't know anyone who does?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Heard the stacks lads have a train running to the match next sunday,great thinking

The Rockie Express its called :D

lots of activity in Costa Coffee today. All their furniture was going in so it looks like they could be opening very soon...maybe next week...or sooner?

lots of activity in Costa Coffee today. All their furniture was going in so it looks like they could be opening very soon...maybe next week...or sooner?

Hope they get their planning permission soon then.

Hope they get their planning permission soon then.

did they not get it yet?
    I know there was a few objections from businesses around them, but I would have thought they got it by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Where is Costa Fortune Coffee situated?

Ok it's Micko's

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

groovie wrote: »
    Where is Costa Fortune Coffee situated?

Ok it's Micko's

My partner and I call it "Costalot" because well it's overpriced for what you get.
    Does Tralee really need another coffee shop? I mean there are so many good café's in the town centre and my experiences of Costa leave a lot to be desired...

did they not get it yet?
    I know there was a few objections from businesses around them, but I would have thought they got it by now.

Not as of last Friday morn anyways.
    Perhaps it's been settled by now, I haven't heard either way as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭groovie

Umekichi wrote: »
    My partner and I call it "Costalot" because well it's overpriced for what you get.
    Does Tralee really need another coffee shop? I mean there are so many good café's in the town centre and my experiences of Costa leave a lot to be desired...

It was only a matter of time before a franchise moved in, as you say there are several cafés now and they seem to prosper. In addition to this, there are less options to have lunch now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement