Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Great stuff.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Boooo hiissssss.

The loss to world literature that was the Tralee thread has been lost to future generations forever! This is cultural vandalism (along with looking like no one posts in Tralee).....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,424 ✭✭✭440Hz

Do ye want the old messy one back with the poll? If this post gets over 10 'likes' I'll take it that ye want it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I posted in the old thread about this story,Time to open a Stetson Hat shop in Fenit have to look the part :D

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/further-oil-potential-of-kerry-coast-could-spell-dallas-style-future-for-fenit/

Would be great if something did happen down the line that would benefit the area,but I wont hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭Southern Dandy

440Hz wrote: »
    Do ye want the old messy one back with the poll? If this post gets over 10 'likes' I'll take it that ye want it back.

I mean who does not love looking back on us talking about the same subjects every week :).

And not to mention Del has arthritis in his index finger from liking every post.....all for nothing now.....

• Advertisement

Annnnnnnnd my post count has gone from over 1000 to 829, man have you ever played call of duty???, it was like I leveled up when I hit 1000 posts :). I am assuming this is down to the thread being cut?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

The old thread can still be searched, but is now closed for posting.

The old thread is not accessable.
    Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

There seems to be a lot of posts from 2008 but none from the last few months.

The old thread is not accessable.

It is readable, but not postable.

There seems to be a lot of posts from 2008 but none from the last few months.

Yes, I know that. When the merge was happening something went wrong at a systems level and it copied the first ten pages rather than the last ten pages. I was going to fix it but there are some technical issues that need to be fixed first.

Annnnnnnnd my post count has gone from over 1000 to 829, man have you ever played call of duty???, it was like I leveled up when I hit 1000 posts :). I am assuming this is down to the thread being cut?

Yes, it is because of some deleted posts - but they should be back, hopefully.

I've temporarily stickied the old thread so that people can still find it, and depending on the feedback/uproar, I can reopen it and make everything as it was, one big messy, empty polled thread haha

• Advertisement

I posted in the old thread about this story,Time to open a Stetson Hat shop in Fenit have to look the part :D

http://www.radiokerry.ie/news/further-oil-potential-of-kerry-coast-could-spell-dallas-style-future-for-fenit/

Would be great if something did happen down the line that would benefit the area,but I wont hold my breath

That would be great BUT due to the special way previous governments have put laws in place, Ireland would make sweet shag all out of it.

Yes, it is because of some deleted posts - but they should be back, hopefully.

The old posts or my previous post count?.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I'm confused, Is this the new tralee thread???
    :-( I'm back to being a newbie with 1 post :-(

The old posts or my previous post count?.

yeah I'm gone down under 1000 now too. BOOOOOOO to this.......:mad::(:confused:

Post counts are how boardies measure the size their flashy red sports cars!

Damokc wrote: »
    That would be great BUT due to the special way previous governments have put laws in place, Ireland would make sweet shag all out of it.

I know,I think there hoping that Fenit been used as a service base,which will create jobs,but this is all pie in the sky if you ask me,they could easily use Castletownbere

Also seen the goverment have granted money to for work on Fenit Harbour,I remember reading a few years back that there was plans to develop Fenit so cruise ships could come in there,havent heard anything since about this and the cruise ships now go into Foynes

It was rumored that Liebherr have planned to build a mini factory in Fenit as well,for assembling crane parts before they are loaded on to the ships,going to be interesting to see if this goes ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

It is readable, but not postable.

Sorry 44OHz but.......
    It might be accessible by mods/supermods but when I click on the link provided
    The old thread can still be searched,
    I get the following message: "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Just "like" the mods post above stating 10 or more will reverse the lot, wheres del when you bloody need him! :D

Just "like" the mods post above stating 10 or more will reverse the lot, wheres del when you bloody need him! :D

Its on 9 "likes" now lads :)

1 more to put us over 10!!!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry 44OHz but.......
    It might be accessible by mods/supermods but when I click on the link provided
    I get the following message: "Invalid Thread specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator".

Ah ok. Well that will be because they are fixing it. The thread has somehow doubled in size to over 15k posts, so they are dealing with that.

As for the deleted posts - I didn't delete anything so post counts shouldn't be down. Something odd happened when I split the threads, and the powers further up the food chain are looking into that now. I hope that it will be sorted and we can restore the old thread seeing as everyone seems to want it back.
    Nothing was deleted by me though, I was just trying to move the more recent posts to a new thread without the dead poll and without the pages of recently deleted posts that had been reported.

Anyway, let's wait and see what happens with the techies.

How about now? I have reopened it to see if that makes any difference, but anything beyond that option is over my mod hat! :p

Damokc wrote: »
    yeah I'm gone down under 1000 now too. BOOOOOOO to this.......:mad::(:confused:

I've lost a couple of hundred myself, but it's a technical error, I didn't delete anyone's posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Whats all this then? Whats going on here! I go away for a few hours and the entire place collapses in a smouldering heap!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 anvilmas

Whats all this then? Whats going on here! I go away for a few hours and the entire place collapses in a smouldering heap!:D

It's to make room for the new bypass. Can't stand in the way of progress.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Here here! What the **** is going on? I got a fright when I logged in a few minutes ago , Tralee Thread was no longer listed in My threads. All too confusing for a gent like me.:confused:

Guess property prices will rocket in Fenit? As for the Stetson Hat Shop, heard there is one there already for all the cowboys in Fenit :) LOL

1 more to put us over 10!!!!!

Sorted!

Regards,

Del.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Now I know 440 said they had cleaned up & deleted some posts....but this is fckin ridiculous!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

How about now? I have reopened it to see if that makes any difference, but anything beyond that option is over my mod hat! :p

still getting the same message, cant open it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement