Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee Thread (No chit-chat)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭traleespud

Gave RM one last try about 3 weeks ago for breakfast muffin and coffee. Food wasn't too bad TBH the main problem I encountered was I hit it about 7.50AM and there was only a manager there on his own........ HE COULDNT OPEN THE WINDOW..... Had to park up and call into counter!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭Howard Juneau

traleespud wrote: »
    Gave RM one last try about 3 weeks ago for breakfast muffin and coffee. Food wasn't too bad TBH the main problem I encountered was I hit it about 7.50AM and there was only a manager there on his own........ HE COULDNT OPEN THE WINDOW..... Had to park up and call into counter!!!

Ah in fairness, windows are tricky things if you haven't had the proper training to deal with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

traleespud wrote: »
    Same business had all the Costa fitters, plumbers, carpenters etc etc staying over. They were all from the North and spent money on accommodation food and a few beers every night.

To be fair, there is no better place to stay in Town. None of the other hotels would be even close in terms of accommodation, food, beer service etc.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭Umekichi

To be fair, there is no better place to stay in Town. None of the other hotels would be even close in terms of accommodation, food, beer service etc.:)

Would have preferred that they used locals to do it, I'm sure there are plenty here who would have loved the work...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Umekichi wrote: »
    Would have preferred that they used locals to do it, I'm sure there are plenty here who would have loved the work...

franchise fit out jobs usually get done by a particular company who fit out all over the country

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭Pirates Ale

I was in Costa today, OH ordered 2 large Lattes and they were the size of the Sam Maguire :eek:
    Compared to some of the other newish coffee shops the decor is a bit bland, especially the outside.
    We left over €14 there for the coffee and 2 bits of cake.

I was in Costa today, OH ordered 2 large Lattes and they were the size of the Sam Maguire :eek:
    Compared to some of the other newish coffee shops the decor is a bit bland, especially the outside.

Hope you went to CH chemist beforehand for some lube. €14? Yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

phormium wrote: »
    I know it's not as simple as it sounds but I always thought Tralee Shopping Centre would make a great food market if all the small producers and shops could be grouped together in there with some seating in the middle. There was a cupcake place in the middle for a while and there is the cake shop, downtown delly was great when it was there, loved the food there. Our own little English Market style would be nice but possibly impractical if not enough people use it.

I Love the idea of the food market, I'm really into eat locally grown food that is fresh and hasn't been travelling god knows how many miles.. & of course supporting local business. I'm having visions of walking through the mall through a covered in food market type place,..... one can imagine anyway :) About not enough people using it, I think as so many people walk through it everyday, people would definitely use it and I'm sure everyone wants to keep things local :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,368 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Stressica wrote: »
    I Love the idea of the food market, I'm really into eat locally grown food that is fresh and hasn't been travelling god knows how many miles.. & of course supporting local business. I'm having visions of walking through the mall through a covered in food market type place,..... one can imagine anyway :) About not enough people using it, I think as so many people walk through it everyday, people would definitely use it and I'm sure everyone wants to keep things local :)

You would think.... but unfortunately that isn't the case

Hope you went to CH chemist beforehand for some lube. €14? Yikes!

We knew it was going to be dear, but like a lot of others we wanted to sample it, we overheard the table of 2 beside us discussing their €12 bill. :rolleyes: There was quite a few families with 3 or 4 kids in there, I'd hate to think what their bill was.:eek:
    Having said all that, it was a nice treat, and €14 wouldnt last 2 people long in a pub.

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    You would think.... but unfortunately that isn't the case

There isnt much there to use thouigh. If there was e.g a good butcher shop there, I would happily use it on my way back to the multi story.
    I walked through it yesterday and I notice the mobile phone shop that was there as you walk out the back has 'moved' and that unit is empty again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Sounds a little expensive, imho, however the chains like Costa & Starbucks are always more expensive. So long as you feel you got value for money is what really matters..

I enjoy the coffee chain shops, however in Tralee there is an abundance of very good coffee and tea shops, Aines, Denny Lane, The Gluten Free Cafe, Yummys, Daily Grind to name a few.

The extra cost for the franchise chains is the cost of the franchise, which ultimately is borne by the consumer. I am yet to be convinced that the coffee is better in the likes of Starbucks etc.

Costa will need to sell a lot of coffee if they are to pay their rent.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

There isnt much there to use thouigh. If there was e.g a good butcher shop there, I would happily use it on my way back to the multi story.
    I walked through it yesterday and I notice the mobile phone shop that was there as you walk out the back has 'moved' and that unit is empty again.

hmm, I guess, wishful thinking maybe on my part. I wonder has the idea ever been toyed about with. I think it's in Cork there is a lovely 'walk through' style market place with lots of different small producers/sellers.
    I too walked through it yesterday and its feels very dead, no sign of life at all really apart from 3 or 4 business that are left. wasn't there food or something in there before? in the "middle part" opposite that wool shop or am I thinking of somewhere else /: have the unit on the top floor ever been In use?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Never been to Rocky Mountain.

Looks like Im missing noting

Stressica wrote: »
    hmm, I guess, wishful thinking maybe on my part. I wonder has the idea ever been toyed about with. I think it's in Cork there is a lovely 'walk through' style market place with lots of different small producers/sellers.
    I too walked through it yesterday and its feels very dead, no sign of life at all really apart from 3 or 4 business that are left. wasn't there food or something in there before? in the "middle part" opposite that wool shop or am I thinking of somewhere else /: have the unit on the top floor ever been In use?

There was a food shop in there called The Downtown Deli, lovely lamb hotpot amongst other dishes.

And at one stage, every unit was occupied there.
    Used to be a creche upstairs, Dan Devanes video, a clothing store are what stick in my mind.

Has the march of the Rockies started yet?

Has the march of the Rockies started yet?

Game is in Killarney, it's going to be a long walk! ;)

Game is in Killarney, it's going to be a long walk! ;)

Ha ha there marching from the club house to the train station,be some banter on the train to Killarney,could be quiet on the way home though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Ha ha there marching from the club house to the train station,be some banter on the train to Killarney,could be quiet on the way home though

Looks as if most of them caught an earlier train according to Radio Kerry who said that the Rockies starting deserting the stadium from half-time! :P

kn wrote: »
    Looks as if most of them caught an earlier train according to Radio Kerry who said that the Rockies starting deserting the stadium from half-time! :P

the REAL fans stayed back, we don't dessert our team when they are losing! :)
    Not a good match unfortunately, but we have the best supporters...you couldn't hear a thing from the Crokes! lol

• Advertisement

Ye just came up against a super team today Ciarrai,men on a mission they are.

Ye just came up against a super team today Ciarrai,men on a mission they are.

just watching it now on TG4, deferred coverage. We just never got going, such a pity. We were still singing at the end though :) #Rockies

just watching it now on TG4, deferred coverage. We just never got going, such a pity. We were still singing at the end though :) #Rockies

I'll just let this here and back away...
    :)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JyTzmhFQt2o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DJyTzmhFQt2o

Ah Ciarrai at least ye will have the County league final to look forward to,Tralee derby

Rockies V Strand Road

Ah Ciarrai at least ye will have the County league final to look forward to,Tralee derby

Rockies V Strand Road

ah yes, that's right!! ;) its not over yet!!

ah yes, that's right!! ;) its not over yet!!

Yep! Its not over until Mary Harney sings

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭RevBlueJeans

Had to laugh when some Rockies began to sing the theme to Mission Impossible half way through the second half :)

Heard quite a few sirens in town this morning, saw 2 Garda paddy wagons.....(or maybe the same one twice)
    Anybody know if something happened?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Heard quite a few sirens in town this morning, saw 2 Garda paddy wagons.....(or maybe the same one twice)
    Anybody know if something happened?

Might have to do with the 1 million euro of cannabis found!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Might have to do with the 1 million euro of cannabis found!

That's a load of cannabis alright - a whole forest in fact. Growhouse was found in Clash Industrial Estate.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement